Oil filter options are many (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

baldilocks

Battle Ground, WA
GOLD Star
Threads
. So I ventured into oil filter options for the 1fz that fit our thread size which is 3/4 16. There are a multitude of good filters that fit and are cheaper than the 15600-41010 that I paid dearly for.

This Baldwin B2- hpg (high performance glass) filter fits the 1fz.

Specs: Nominal at 6 microns and absolute (98.7%) at 20 microns. This means it will catch those particles in one pass.

I paid 12.76 at zoro.com plus $5 shipping. It came the next day.

My OEM filters were less than $5 each.

no about the 3-5 dollar range is pretty normal fo r dealership prices, we bill ours out at about 5 and change with a new crush washer for the drain plug. you can get them a little cheaper if you buy them wholesale

I got a KN filter because its all they had, I just recently found a decent yota dealer nearby

I also have been unhappy with toyota filters being made in Thailand, asked my local dealer and was told that is all they can get..

Indeed, Im a baselining filter fanatic. just to go coast to coast I baselined all the way to TREs and Ujoints, and good thing I did because "custom front DC driveshaft the H block was severly worn and fractured. But Ive had real good luck with KN except in this truck Im runnng a new OEM air filter, its better than a KN IMO and mind you I have a new KN for it on my patio My trucks, my jeep my bikes all KN

I also have been unhappy with toyota filters being made in Thailand, asked my local dealer and was told that is all they can get..
I scored a real yota filter off ebay but it wasnt cheap

Im even considering a series 1 stainless filter.. but it does not have an anti-drainback valve. I want an anti-drainback valve in my filter!!!

So.... has anyone shown that the Thailand filters are actually inferior? I hate globalization as much as the next guy but if you can get 98% of the filter for 20% of the price the Japanese filters are a tough sell for me.

All I know is my made-in-USA WIX filter was junk!

So.... has anyone shown that the Thailand filters are actually inferior? I hate globalization as much as the next guy but if you can get 98% of the filter for 20% of the price the Japanese filters are a tough sell for me.

All I know is my made-in-USA WIX filter was junk!
I love globalization. Thanks to it I can sit here touching a 5oz piece of glass i pulled out of my pocket while in the bathroom to communicate to the entire world via the internet that I love globalization.

That's because it was made in Thailand

Send the Failure Data I have yet to see.
Good stuff can be made anywhere.
The Important Part is the Name Brand

I’ll never get a Wix. I stick with OEM.

Beno imports the OEM filters from overseas. I believe they are made in Japan. I have been buying Mobil 1, spendy but, so is rebuilding the engine. I will be buying a case of them soon.

If it has a Toyota name on it, it has to meet their quality standards regardless of where it is made.

Personally I think you can do just fine with a a normal name brand filter.

I’ll never get a Wix. I stick with OEM.
OEM is good but I also use Wix on a lot of my vehicles. I've had good luck with them.

I have been using the Napa 1515 and been very happy with them. Lots of great information here if you want to read it.

I used to work for Mr. T "back in the day", and we were always telling people to make sure they purchase a filter with an anti-drain-back valve. The way a lot of the Toyota filters are mounted, they drain back into the pan after you turn the engine off. It then takes a second or ten to build pressure as the oil pump has to fill the filter back up again.

My two cents - Your mileage may vary

I have been using the Napa 1515 and been very happy with them. Lots of great information here if you want to read it.

I used to work for Mr. T "back in the day", and we were always telling people to make sure they purchase a filter with an anti-drain-back valve. The way a lot of the Toyota filters are mounted, they drain back into the pan after you turn the engine off. It then takes a second or ten to build pressure as the oil pump has to fill the filter back up again.

My two cents - Your mileage may vary

Exactly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom