Official Harbor Freight tools for your rig thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The aluminum floor jack is ok. It lasted almost three years before puking it's guts out.
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-aluminum-racing-floor-jack-with-rapidpump-68052.html

$_57.JPG
I'm going on 3 years now I think. No problems so far.

I'm going on 3 years now I think. No problems so far.
Mine has been used and abused. It rattles around in the toolbox of my long travel truck, gets used to elevate an 8000 pound behemoth of a 2500HD Duramax, and I rarely use jack stands. 3 years is a pretty good life span. My last snap-on (or blue point I guess) jack lasted about the same.

Forgot to mention a creeper from HF which I tested already and it works a lot better than any blanket or piece of cardboard I have inside the garage.

The first thing I do to HF creepers is to either rebuild the caster wheels or replace them with better quality units.

Even just adding loctite on all threads to the caster wheels makes them much less likely to come apart on you.

I buy lots of tools at Harbor Freight and for the most part I am a huge fan. I did have an issue with their torque wrench though and sheared off a bolt on my LC which made for a miserable afternoon of bolt removal in a tight spot.

The first thing I do to HF creepers is to either rebuild the caster wheels or replace them with better quality units.

Even just adding loctite on all threads to the caster wheels makes them much less likely to come apart on you.
Good to know. My craftsman creeper is toast and have been thinking about the HF one as a replacement.

IMG_3333.JPG IMG_3386.JPG IMG_3384.JPG IMG_3390.JPG Mini sledge hammer, wobble extensions, and the 3/8 ratcheting breaker bar are great tools from HF!

I'm a huge fan of the portaband knock off portable band saw. It's extremely loud, but cuts so fast you don't have to put up with the noise for long. Been using mine for 3 years now and zero problems, just be sure the blade is seated well when you go to lock it in or you could burn up the plastic guide wheels. If you burn them up I hear that the milwaukee steel versions will bolt right in, I know the blades fit just fine.

Only Buy Chrome Vanadium, regardless of brand and HF has plenty Cr-Vn hand tools and I would trust them anywhere. However I do carry a Snap-On 3/8" socket to be sure.

Hit up the father's day sale today : )

Thank you all for the tips. My first time there, time will tell if I chose wisely [emoji41]

uploadfromtaptalk1434941362973.jpg

Last edited:
Have one of their 1500w heat guns, 4 1/2" grinder with deadman grip and pair of goatskin welding gloves. All have been great so far with zero issues. I use their cut-off discs and flap discs. When needed their sand paper is pretty good as well.

For those buying their 20 ton presses , toss the included bed plates in the scrap pile - they are cast steel and dangerous . Not sure if it was mentioned but a lot of guys have been hurt by them exploding . Check out www.swagoffroad.com if you want some serious bed plates that work properly . Also , they have a sweet press brake kit to fit your new press .
Sarge

I will add these two gems. The locking mechanism on these extensions is awesome. How many times have you had to thread a socket through cables and hoses to get to a bolt, only for the socket to pop off as you pull back against something. Easy on, locked on.

Perfect when trying to separate the intake manifold on an 80.
image_14244.jpg

Second is a seal puller. I know simple... at $6 get one for the trail box.

image_17503.jpg

Second is a seal puller. I know simple... at $6 get one for the trail box.

View attachment 1096721

I've had 2 of those seal pullers disintegrate with very little use - both the tangs bending and breaking off, and the head separating from the shaft. I have plenty of HF tools, but the seal puller is not one I'll try again.

All the off-road stuff (winches, ropes, snatch blocks, etc) are on sale. I got the emailer yesterday with the coupons.

Well they have gone and pissed my wife off. Once far away and a travel to get to, is now
five short blocks from the house, showing big smile on face right now. I drive by the store every day and this morning
it had a "help wanted" sign out front. Weekend/part time job could be in my future.
The store is due to open soon.
Purchases, from the other stores, have been the welding cart. bought larger bolts at Lowes, as suggested somewhere on here. Have the small cutoff grinder, which trips the overload to easy, bunch of flashlights, multimeter, and the little hotdog air compressor.
Looking forward to opening day, as I would assume big sales and free stuff..

That is like working at a bar…..one of those jobs that on payday, you just turn over the paycheck for the tab you run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom