Official 37" and up picture thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow 1.5" forward is a lot.
Why not just 1"?
How do you address the axle to spring bucket & panrod misalignment problem now? Then you will need to cut out the front radiator support part of the fenderwell where it will definitely will rub. This is where I am at with just fitting 37"s.

38" Swampers would look knarly, post pics up or it never happened.

Can go just 1" with plates, or 1/2" with bushes, but I decided to go both, to see if it worked ;)

The spring doesnt know any different, and is pretty much aligned like standard height, as the axle moves back when you lift it, so it all works like it should. Panhard rod also moves more through its travel than the amount it moves forward to better align it.

There is just varying degrees of "misalignment"

Prepping for tyre size, will have more pics as we go.

38.5 michelin xmls no lift.
All stock as of now but will gusset, add chromoly and change gear ratio down a tad.

2016-06-09 06.54.52.jpg

Oh man that is sweet.

38.5 michelin xmls no lift.
All stock as of now but will gusset, add chromoly and change gear ratio down a tad.

View attachment 1275540
I've been following your build thread. I think it's pretty cool to see something a little different .

My plan is to get my tires on and fitted right, remove front sway bar since it's all bent up anyway and it won't be a DD at all anymore, then start wheeling the new set up and replacing broken parts along the way with Trailgear/Long field stuff. Been wanting to do all this for a while but the Blue Whale has been my only vehicle. I have a little commuter car now and a 5.7 Sequoia to tow with.

Last edited:
i guess i;ve never posted here lol

37's on a weighted down J spring lift with l shocks, 4.0 BS on 17" trailready beadlocks

i guess i;ve never posted here lol

37's on a weighted down J spring lift with l shocks, 4.0 BS on 17" trailready beadlocks
That ricence prate is funny. Maybe a tad racist. But funny :)

you are the first to call my rexus racist hahahaha

Its called rexus as been nothing short of a train wreck lol, one day buddy just said been a rexus and its kind of stuck, literally everyone just calls it rexus hahaha

but dont worry i didnt think i would be allowed to get the plate "rexus" i thought for sure they'd deem it racist

Got my new tires mounted this morning. 38.5x11r16 Boggers. Flexed the suspension to full dropped with front wheels turned in every direction. Only contact was the back of front wheel wells. I cut about a 3 inch arc and pie cut the inner fender and hammered it up. No contact at all now. Can't wait to wheel it.
IMG_20160620_103951825_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160620_103601408_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160620_103526406_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160620_103513380_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160620_103505033.jpg

What BS on your wheels & what length of shocks & lift do you have?

What BS on your wheels & what length of shocks & lift do you have?
Idk the backspace, the wheels were on the truck when I bought it. They are 16x8 ProComps. I'm sure I could find the specs if I looked. My suspension is the full Ironman 4 inch super heavy kit they used to sell about 4-5 years ago. I have the Ironman foam cell shocks that come with the kit, Ironman caster plates, adjustable panhards, etc, and extended brake lines. Also, obviously, no flares.

my tires did some self clearencing this weeked, i guess i didnt trim my passenger rear flare enough.....
20160718_075323_zps952yt5zb.jpg
What size bump stops & backspacing do you have?

What size bump stops & backspacing do you have?

The bump stop spacers should be 2", they came with the slee kit and i forget the back spacing on those tundra wheels but i also have 1.5" spacers all around. there wasnt a lot of rubbing on the flare i think i just hit it hard enough to pop it off.

I'm running an equivalent of 2.5" on the bumps in rear & 1.25" wheel spacing on my FJC wheels. I have found with 37"s, it a game of .25" here or there to get it right. On my rig, if it's not touching, it's a .25" away from doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom