TLCA Official 25th Rubithon Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jerod came from Antarctica, that's hard to beat. But, Alex (Concrete Jungle) drove from North Carolina. Both of those are pretty awesome.

Still riding the Rubicon groove back at work.:D

:cheers:

Anyone know the count on each individual rig? ie. how many 40's, 45,s, 60's, 80's and so on.
Seat of the pants was at least half the rigs there were wagons.

That's cause wagons rule :D

Anyone know the count on each individual rig? ie. how many 40's, 45,s, 60's, 80's and so on.
Seat of the pants was at least half the rigs there were wagons.

There were [STRIKE]eight[/STRIKE]... uhhh ... 7 FJ Cruisers ;)

missed it again...

gawd damn it.

Huh? I saw your rig there. This not you?

jeep394.jpg

That's cause wagons rule :D

Rocks seem to enjoy them.

jeep394.jpg

You should see my passenger side lol. Never let your wife spot you ;)

Skillet, you missed out on a great time with a lot of awesome people. Including 90FJ and his socks :)

I had a totally awesome time. I think Cruiserdrew, who led the wagon run, was a little dubious about my truck's abilitities at first, but the ol' 45 came through for me.

Here are a few random pics I took.

On the first half of the trail I had excellent spotting and encouragement from Ige and Pighead and Robbie. I learned a sh*tload about my truck and it's abilities. Amazing really. I had stock gearing and stock tires and rims.

photo1.JPG

photo2.jpg

photo.JPG

The only real show stopping damage I incurred was a bent drag link. I had a spare but that bent also. Both of my drag links had been previously bent and straightend once before due to my idiot mechanic (moi) installing the end on upside down.

Fortunately I was able to find the local drag link whisperer (thanks Rick) in camp and convince him to massage it back to almost straight. He used a combination of precise blows of the link on a strategically placed stump. It was a joy to watch the craftsman at work. Unfortunatly it only lasted for a few hours.

So I offered to relieve Ige of her hi-lift handle that she had on the back of her grossly overloaded rig. Heck, I was doing the girl a favour.

Between Pighead and myself we changed the drag link out in about a half hour, barely slowing the wagon train down at all. We did loose our premo spots near the front of the line though and got to spend the rest of the ride with tailgunner Alvaro breathing down our necks. Fun times for sure.

photo1.jpg

photo2.JPG

photo.JPG

Loving all the pics and videos, please keep them coming!

We had a great time time. Came in from Loon with Sandrat, Chicago, and Havik (on pirate.) Chicago left Sunday and we camped at the springs for two days and wheeled out to Tahoe on Monday morning in the pouring rain. The fun part was driving 90 miles and 2.5 hours on the highway back to our trailers at Loon.

1053124_10200436324887704_2128265009_o_zpsc2498fb6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Observation Point
Observationpoint_zpsbd99b6da.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And here's where we drove in the rain with half doors and tube doors soaking wet and cold to get back to our trailers

Loading in the rain to end our adventure

P.S., The chicken thighs were the Bomb saturday night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom