Official 200 Series Chat and BS Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ha! Looks like we've all invested in the wrong rigs...

I have not actually read it yet. Title caught my eye and so far have skimmed and thought it was funny to share.

The fact that they even compare those two vehicles is laughable. The person who wrote that article should be fired for that reason alone.

I read it and the guy is smoking crack, plain and simple.

I have not actually read it yet. Title caught my eye and so far have skimmed and thought it was funny to share.
Peter Corn is either on the Kia payroll or the biggest automotive "journalist" troll ever. He also put out an article saying the Kia Sportage killed the Porsche Macan as if people would be cross shopping a Kia with a Porsche. He loves to write uneducated clickbait articles highlighting whatever Kia model is the flavor of the day and saying they crush whatever clear winner in the segment is. 2/2 now using Kia as the metric--I refuse to believe he isn't being compensated for this.

Last edited:

Hah. My father has a Telluride. Comparable to the Mazda CX-9 or Honda Pilot, that's about it. Seems like a perfectly fine appliance, but let's strap a 7000# trailer to it and see how it does...

It's crazy how much tire type affects MPG! I got back from a trip down to GA that I do every few months and was expecting the same gas mileage as last time if not worse but actually got better. Last time I ran it I got around 15mpg on KM3s. This time around I managed to get 18mpg on street biased ATs that were .5" taller. The reason I'm shocked is I now have the IM bumper, so I expected with how much that messes up the aerodynamics of the front from factory along with a .5" taller tire that I wound never see anything close to 20mpg.

I know we have threads around about MPG and all these different responses on what affects it and always see that larger, heavier tires hurt your mpg along with ruining the aero hurts the mpg, but boy was I pleasantly surprised when I saw 200miles and sitting around 1/2 a tank!

Ok guys, trying to solve for something super easy in non-pandemic times, but has me a little perplexed at the moment. My friend just bought an LX570 in Golden Colorado. Its going to take the dealer 3 weeks to get it to Scottsdale. He just moved back from the UK with his family and needs it ASAP. We are looking at flying up on Saturday and driving back. Should be a nice drive. The question I have is, what is the best way to get from the DEN (airport) to Golden? I don't think I've ever tried to uber that far.

Ok guys, trying to solve for something super easy in non-pandemic times, but has me a little perplexed at the moment. My friend just bought an LX570 in Golden Colorado. Its going to take the dealer 3 weeks to get it to Scottsdale. He just moved back from the UK with his family and needs it ASAP. We are looking at flying up on Saturday and driving back. Should be a nice drive. The question I have is, what is the best way to get from the DEN (airport) to Golden? I don't think I've ever tried to uber that far.
Looks like there might be light rail from DIA to Golden, CO.

Uber/Lyft from DIA to Golden is no issue, done it many times and even gone to the last Golden exit on 70 near Rainbow. I would expect a $50-75 fare unless COVID has driven prices up. Enjoy the trip! 🍻

Uber/Lyft from DIA to Golden is no issue, done it many times and even gone to the last Golden exit on 70 near Rainbow. I would expect a $50-75 fare unless COVID has driven prices up. Enjoy the trip! 🍻
Thats not too bad at all. We’ll probably do that.

You can check live rates in the apps anytime. They will allow you to set destination and change pickup. I just ran a quick search on Uber and it was $52.80. Well worth the extra change to not have to wait on public transit. 🍻

Thats not too bad at all. We’ll probably do that.

Everytime I bought a car at a dealer and flew in they came and picked me up. Is this a dealer sale or a private party? When I sold my 80, I picked the person up at the airport so his test drive could be on the way home. Just suggestions

If something happens and you need a place to store it for a while, we have plenty of space to park a few more Cruisers at our house which is only a few miles from Slee in Golden.

Screenshot_20210412-073237_Instagram.jpg

It is a false assumption new is always better. Companies screw up (intentionally or not), and the model ends up targeting different demographics/uses. Often by becoming much larger/heavier vehicle (won't apply to 300, however).

I understand some 80/100 fans were deriding 200-series, but it's objectively better than 100-series in every department without loosing anything critical.

Trading N/A V8 for a turbo V6 and losing split tailgate for updated infotaiment looks like a lousy trade. Besides, kinda moot here in the U.S., as we are unlikely to see it without Lexusification treatment.

I'd love 300 to be better and be available, but it doesn't look like it would be (nor available), hence I bought 2nd 200 series.

Got the rake perfect! Image how much crap I can put in this thing now.
27E5A5B1-D53A-4314-BBDF-744197A5B36F.jpeg

Just playin’. Gonna do some welding and needed some space.

I'm thinking this would be an interesting purchase. It's only $14500, and everybody needs a JDM LC fire truck right?

EDIT: The wife said no. I said I was thinking of selling the 2000 LX470, she still said no. Pretty sure it wasn't one of those kind were I could talk her out of it either.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210512-123901_Instagram.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom