OEM Leather Seat Kits For FZJ-80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Some of you might recall that I posted a couple of threads last year about trying to get a local Houston firm who supplies Gulf States' Toyota (distributor) their leather seat kits for new cars to build some replacement leather seating surfaces for us. After much patience and perseverence it looks like this is going to happen. I have agreed to surrender my OEM covers so they can build the digital templates and I have put up the $$ for the initial design work. So sometime in the next 45-60 days I will be able to start ordering single pieces or complete front sets, in either oak or gray only.

Some things to consider:

I am sure most of you would prefer to just order a driver's lower, as is the case with my seats and most of the 80s I have owned. The problem with ordering just one section, such as the drivers lower cover, is that it is NOT going to match your seat back. Seat leather changes color drastically over time and a brand new lower section is going to look like a totally different color than your seat back. I was shocked to see how big of a difference there was in even my 100,000 mile passenger front, which I thought was immaculate, and the leather sample. Ironically the oak leather sample matched my third-row, unused seats perfectly, matched the second row almost identically, but was way off versus the fronts, all due to age, sunlight fade, wear and the accumulation of dirt. So if you choose to only order one piece, I don't want to hear or read one single post about the color not matching>>>>you will have been warned.

Pricing looks like this:

- The full front kit will consist of four pieces, two upper and two lower covers for the driver and passenger electric front seats. This kit will cost you $500. Compared to the $400+ Toyota price for just the driver's lower piece, I think that's a hell of a deal.

- If you want the driver's set only, then its $300.

- If you want a driver's lower only, its $175.

All prices are PLUS SHIPPING and headrests are NOT INCLUDED at this price. Texas residents will have to pay 8.25% sales tax. These kits will feature leather seating surfaces and vinyl sides and backs, JUST LIKE OEM TOYOTA. They will be digitally cut, baseball stitched and backed, JUST LIKE OEM. They will fasten just like the OEM covers and you can either install yourself or have a shop do it. When I install my kit I will create an install DVD for the DIYers and it will be included.

Initially I will only be offering original tan or gray colors and only for front seats with electric mechanisms. Two-tone Anniversary, non-electric seat options and middle row seat packages may come later this year, depending upon demand.

If you wish to purchase any of these replacement pieces then I need you to email me so I can put you on the initial production list. (Please don't PM your order requests and don't post them here.) In that email include your full name and address and telephone number along with exactly what you will want from the above choices and be sure to denote color. Once I establish the production date with the supplier, I will post it here as a cut-off for the first production run and I will then send each person on my list a leather color sample via US Mail along with instructions for payment, either via PayPal or check to me. The initial order will then be placed based solely on who has paid me. If you just want a sample at first, just email me for sample only. For purposes of the initial leather buy, only put yourself on the order list if you are prepared to order.

Please feel free to post, PM or email any questions you might have.

Jim

Last edited:
Jim,
is Oak a darker brown? Mine are Tan I think.

Might be helpful to post a pic of Oak leather.

I'm in for the two tone Anniversary seats when they become available.

x2 about the oak. Is that the same as tan?

:cheers:

Oak is the name for the tan color in the LC. To me, the LC and LX tan color look the same, any confirmation?

I may be in for a Grey drivers side bottom.

But would prefer a picture just to see how off it would be compared to my other crap.

Thanks

Put me down for a leather sample now. If it matches up well, I'll be in for a set.

Jim,
Just curious if this is drum dyed or spray dyed leather.

firetruck41 said:
Oak is the name for the tan color in the LC. To me, the LC and LX tan color look the same, any confirmation?

yes, the tan is oak. LC and LX oak/tan are the same color.

As Doug stated, the Toyota Oak should be the same color as the Lexus tan and I will get that confirmed. I'll let you know if its drum dyed or not, my guess is yes. The bulk leather will be coming from the same supplier that supplies Toyota.

By the way, that is a helluva bargain.

Hmm, any Idea on how much it would cost to do all three rows in the grey leather?
Cheers

Draken said:
I'm in for the two tone Anniversary seats when they become available.

Jim,
Put me down for a full front 40th set also. Sooner then later I hope! My drivers seat side is going quick! Let me know! :)

EDIT: Jim, I'll pony up a $100 tip to ya if ya do the 40th Annies now! ;)

Last edited:
Seats

I am in for at least the bottom driver's possibly both fronts but I need to check my rig when I get back to AZ.

thanks

chris

center console cover

Sign me up for a full set of tops and bottoms for the front seats if you can confirm that the color is correct - mine are a light tan on a '96.

Any chance of getting the center console cover or steering wheel cover?

I am with AZ man on the center console. Seems like an easy offering and would make sense to buy all the pieces at once. If they have issues with the center piece let me know. If you get me supplier info on the leather I can have someone in NY do the center console. I had the same person re-do my entire FJ40 with Italian made leather. So soft and nice. :D

Sounds like a cool deal .
I was wondering if cloth would be made avalible if this is a big hit .
Its just I look at leather as the "rich mans vinyl" ;)

Uncle Ben said:
Jim,
Put me down for a full front 40th set also. Sooner then later I hope! My drivers seat side is going quick! Let me know! :)

EDIT: Jim, I'll pony up a $100 tip to ya if ya do the 40th Annies now! ;)

Bump for Jim just in case he missed my carrot earlier...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom