OEM Front Coil Spacers Installed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No spacers of any sort, 100% stock suspension and offset

hHNf9z4h.jpg

GCFAGS9h.jpg

vH0UJtOh.jpg
Did you experience any rubbing?

Is there anyone who has installed these front OEM spacers and wished that hadn't? Most everyone seems pleased with them.

@SidZer0 Could you post a pic from the front to see the outer position of your 275/70/18 KO2's? I'm thinking of doing something very similar. Thanks.
Here ya go. Sorry for the late response.

rear_resize.jpg

rear2_resize.jpg

rear4.jpg

IMG-7846_resize.jpg

Last edited:
Also for those wondering. I picked up a 5th tire for a spare today and a 275/70/18 fits underneath perfectly.

Also for those wondering. No I didn't get a 5th KO2, went with this...

:)

$150 mounted and balanced at Mavis Tire up the road from me.

Last edited:
Also for those wondering. No I didn't get a 5th KO2, went with this...

:)

$150 mounted and balanced at Mavis Tire up the road from me.
good call. My spare is also a cheaper tire but I didn’t get near that good of a deal.

In my experience the cheaper tires tend to lose pressure more quickly so I usually set that tire at the top of its inflation range in hope of it being longer before it is too low to be useful.

All you are really gaining is 1/2 the tire diameter difference for actual ground clearance. The body goes up higher with the spacer but distance to bottom of differential only changes the amount of the tire difference.

Does anyone know by how much, if any, the roof height would increase after installing the OEM front spacers?

I’m considering installing the spacers along with 285/65/18 BFG KO2’s. I have a ‘21 HE with the factory Yakima roof rack. I just barely clear my garage by about 1”. I know a lot of people have removed the roof rack, but I’d like to keep it if possible.

The larger tires would increase the roof height by about a half inch. Would the spacers increase the roof height any further? Or would the highest point still be the same since the spacers are just leveling out the truck?

Just shooting from the hip I'd say not worth chancing damage. Something as benign as being low on fuel could be the issue that eliminates the margin of error.

Thanks for the reply RET2. Not the answer I wanted to hear, but you’re probably right. I’d be cutting it very close. I guess I could give it a try and see if it makes contact.

Thanks for the reply RET2. Not the answer I wanted to hear, but you’re probably right. I’d be cutting it very close. I guess I could give it a try and see if it makes contact.
Guess you answered your own inquiry. Best of luck.

I installed the spacers on my wifes on Tuesday and added rear bilstein coils while at it. 1 banana job. Just follow @OTRAMM video. Honestly it took me 2 hours for the front and an hour on the back.. I am pleased with the lift but the wife doesn't like the rake. Probably going to add the ironman foam cell fron struts to even it out.

20210511_214642.jpg

I had one of the Toyota Dealerships about an hour from me install the spacers on my wife's 2016 a couple of weeks ago. The owner of that particular dealership is supposedly a big land cruiser guy and their master mechanic exclusively does the work of any Land Cruiser that comes in, so I felt "reasonably" comfortable letting them have our baby. Overall I am very pleased with it. I will eventually upsize tires to 33's but am fine with these stock size Nitto RG's for now.
tempImageO2IszG.jpg
tempImagevphPYJ.jpg
tempImageGgYpMX.jpg

I installed the spacers on my wifes on Tuesday and added rear bilstein coils while at it. 1 banana job. Just follow @OTRAMM video. Honestly it took me 2 hours for the front and an hour on the back.. I am pleased with the lift but the wife doesn't like the rake. Probably going to add the ironman foam cell fron struts to even it out.

View attachment 2673629

Got a link to this video you speak of?

I ordered a set of the spacers today, I wouldn't mind doing the install myself and then taking it to the dealer for an alignment. I had planned for a full lift kit this year but with the new RAM 3500 camper build in full swing the LC will have to stay relatively untouched for another year or so until the camper build is done.

Got a link to this video you speak of?

I ordered a set of the spacers today, I wouldn't mind doing the install myself and then taking it to the dealer for an alignment. I had planned for a full lift kit this year but with the new RAM 3500 camper build in full swing the LC will have to stay relatively untouched for another year or so until the camper build is done.

This is for replacement struts but basically you follow this and just put your spacers on the top instead of replacing the struts.

This is for replacement struts but basically you follow this and just put your spacers on the top instead of replacing the struts.

Thanks for the link! That guy has to be the clumsiest mechanic I have ever seen work lol, watching him fumble around and struggle was pure entertainment. Any idea on torque specs for the hardware?

Thanks for the link! That guy has to be the clumsiest mechanic I have ever seen work lol, watching him fumble around and struggle was pure entertainment. Any idea on torque specs for the hardware?
I think he says the torque specs in the video

They are, pretty perfect tire size for a 200 - if the KO2 is ever made in a 285/70r18 I’ll switch though, the 275s look pretty narrow compared to the 315s I run on my 80 series.
I’m looking at 285/70/r18 AT III’s on the ‘18 I just bought last week. Any issues you’re aware of with rubbing on this size?

Hopefully I'll have mine on in the next week or two. Already running 275/70/18's on stock wheels with 1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom