No name Spring Green 1965 FST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup. Just cleaned it up.
I’m always amazed when OEM wiring lasts. I’ve had a couple cruisers where the wiring was so brittle I could never consider saving it - kept chasing down breaks in it. maybe has something to do with the dry heat in AZ? Kudos for being able to save yours!

I have never had bad wiring here in norcal, amazing that after 50 years, I have had 45’s start up and still have most electrics! A big high five to the 60’s, Mr toyota! And just a quality product!!
Maybe I’m just bad luck ;) one that I ended up completely giving up on and rewiring was a 72 that had spent it’s life in AZ. The other that had a lot of wiring issues was a 79, but I believe that one had spent some time out East. FWIW the 61 FJ25 FHT (Warden) I picked up this last year seems to have solid wiring and it’s spent it’s entire life in AZ. 🤷‍♂️ Pretty nice bonus when you can keep the OEM!

I have never had bad wiring here in norcal, amazing that after 50 years, I have had 45’s start up and still have most electrics! A big high five to the 60’s, Mr toyota! And just a quality product!!
I’m with Whitey, parted at least 100 cruisers and other than a couple burnt messes and a couple with paint you couldn’t not scrape off, harnesses have been salvageable.

if it makes you feel better scoobiedubes, i have a pig harness that disappears everywhere i touch it. it was a colorado truck it's whole life until i dragged it to wyoming

Getting ready for a soft top.
20210802_203543.jpg

@whitey45, Indeed! Nice tires. Now I have to add a PTO winch. I do have the bezel (in fiberglass).

20210805_134514.jpg

Top on, doors off.
20210805_134132.jpg

I have some OEM fasteners for the sides. The dog approves.
20210805_134716.jpg

Maybe if going down the highway doors off I should use the safety straps.

To paraphase this 1964 jingle:

"Clip the safety strap to the eye bolt for safety, everybody clip up!"

Spare tire carrier hinges got replaced once.
20210815_130843.jpg

Think I'll do it again with these:
20210814_215000.jpg

Dragging back your thread from hibernation as I have been going through it for guidance on my repaint: On your Spring Green 65 the grab bar is painted the same as the body-but on Whitey45’s the grab bar is silver…do you or anyone else know which is correct for a 65?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom