No name Spring Green 1965 FST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dragging back your thread from hibernation as I have been going through it for guidance on my repaint: On your Spring Green 65 the grab bar is painted the same as the body-but on Whitey45’s the grab bar is silver…do you or anyone else know which is correct for a 65?
Yes, the grab bar and other things in the interior were PO repainted in a close color that I actually kinda like.

Last edited:
Thanks to @kevos37 for selling me some spring green patina tuna cans. This one will be a patina upgrade.
20220218_145157.jpg

The interior paint is immaculate:
20220218_145109.jpg

Out with the busted bulb. In with a Koito 1073:
20220218_145735.jpg

Installed :)
20220218_150529.jpg

Hate to bug you again-but do you have pics of the install of the SOR windshield channel? Mine is a FHT with no holes so I’m trying to figure out exactly how it mounts. Thanks!

20220305_105052.jpg

@daner, like this? Sorry, I somehow missed this question.

In post #48 There is a picture of the piece, but I didn't get it from SOR.
On my FHT soft top install, (Miss Kitty) I didn't have any soft top holes either, and I used the pieces holes as a template.

You might put in rivnuts, but the windshield metal is so stout sheetmetal screws can work.

This pieces holes lined up what I think were Mr. T's capture nuts on a later 1972 FST windshield (Hiney). This was a much cleaner install.
Screenshot_20220305-120033_Gallery.jpg

On earlier rigs the piece was definately welded on by Mr. T.

So I think your answer is.... it depends? Remember, I am a proven source of misinformation.

Seriously, thanks for getting back-I can’t really see looking at my phone but will pull up the pics from my computer where I can see a little better-will get back later

Just secured some rather rough spring green soft doors. Gonna need parts and a little work, but patina is patina!
49324.jpeg

49323.jpeg

Last edited:
Probably. Seems to be not so many in this color. I hope they will true up after repairs.

Probably. Seems to be not so many in this color. I hope they will true up after repairs.
We gotta get my 69 FST and yours together....pretty similar beasts!

We gotta get my 69 FST and yours together....pretty similar beasts!

Dang. Just looked up your truck. Subscribed. Tons of fun and info.

Before you paint your whitish doors;
Screenshot_20231023-092036_Chrome.jpg

Do you think they are a match to this truck, a project of Jeronimo's? (@MexicanNewby).
20230905_071334.jpg

20230905_071304.jpg

It's his story, and still to be told, but it's stored in my barn. Or maybe they are dune beige?

Dang. Just looked up your truck. Subscribed. Tons of fun and info.

Before you paint your whitish doors;
View attachment 3463248
Do you think they are a match to this truck, a project of Jeronimo's? (@MexicanNewby).
View attachment 3463242
View attachment 3463243
It's his story, and still to be told, but it's stored in my barn. Or maybe they are dune beige?
Mine look more white than dune beige. I'm on the fence about taking mine apart and painting them. I've done that with another set and you'd be surprises how many little parts are on those doors! It really depends on when I get a soft top for it. I think white would look great on it, but the only person I now that makes white tops is Julie (Trollhole) and she's still catching up with backorders from the fire in her shop. If I'm able to get a top from her I'll get some extra door skin material and then take the doors apart and paint them.

@RLMS had this long spring green mirror arm on his project "Mildred".
IMG_7961.JPG

He was gracious enough to accept a pewter one for it in trade.
20240108_132859.jpg

Call me crazy, but I'm feeling _pretty_ good about the deal!

Last edited:
wow love your thread! My 65 FST is only 500 off from yours. Probably on same boat over.

@Blackcat37, how is the Nellie project going? Time for an update!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom