No "D" Club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I want to replace my D bulb but would prefer to have bulb in hand before I tear into my dash. The local Toyota dealer couldn't help me without seeing the bulb. CDan is on vacation. I have perused every thread that comes up when searching "instrument panel lights" but cannot find a part number or a generic bulb reference mentioned at all!

Does anyone know the Toyota part number and/or a generic reference that would allow me to get these at a local parts house? They look like something that could be had a local NAPA but again, I would rather be certain before I start tearing into the dash.

Thanks!

Mine was out when I bought the rig with 183K on it.

Saw you fly past me at HWY1 and Salinas Road on Wed...

You were headed south.

I gave you a :flipoff2: but you did not notice, so...:flipoff2:.

HAH! 177 and D light works great! But I've never seen an "N" light in my life......wtf?

Is the bulb really out?

I am still not convinced, at least based on my personal experience that the bulb is actualy out. Here is what happened to mine: At around 150K the bulb went totally out and I was not too concerned since I know when I am on "D", one day last fall I went hunting and on the way there the road was pretty much nothing but washboard and with all the rattling all the sudden the D light comes on again by itself and it has been working since.
I think the problem is that it comes lose in the socket.

Thanks,

Mine was out when I bought the rig with 183K on it.

Saw you fly past me at HWY1 and Salinas Road on Wed...

You were headed south.

I gave you a :flipoff2: but you did not notice, so...:flipoff2:.

Skillet, are you referring to me? I've been on Hwy 1 lots of times but not in years.....

141K and still kicking it. I should have done a preventative replacement back when I did the RT temp mod, but I could only get 2 bulbs locally and I didn't bother having them sent from CDan. It wasn't too difficult to pull off the cluster, so I'll order a whole set from Dan when the D burns out.

WARDAMNEAGLE, its actually a very very common Toyota bulb. I don't have the part number off hand but just take it in. Problem is there is like 5 different sizes. I think there are two button sizes and then 3 bulb sizes last time I checked. But when I went in they just grabbed the bin and searched through.

Ah, skillet. yeah i was headed down to SLO. had to go find new housing for college next year. did i look cool as i passed you?

Like the Seattle Mariners, no D here. 144K.

136k no light. I'm one of those that actually like it out. Bothered me at first because I want everything "right". The more I thought about, the more I liked the idea of not having it glaring at me at night. I almost did it when I was in dash for the RT temp mod, but resisted the urge.

bought mine at 124k with no light.....146k and still no light

:popcorn:
Bought mine with 179K - no light. At first I was annoyed, now I know there are more important things to worry about, like did the PO ever get front axle service, and will I get the o2 sensors off w/o destroying something...

WarDamnEagle -

I had a bulb go out in my Tacoma dash behind the temp control switch and just replaced (soldered in) a new one that kinda matched from the auto parts store.
That has fixed the problem for 3 yrs now!

BTW our LX's "D" is out on the column but still lights on the dash - 186K MILES.

Bought mine at 174k. No "D". Replaced it when I installed my head unit. Just had to tear into things a little deeper.

Signing up... bought my FZJ80 with 214k and no "D", PO doesn't ever recall seeing it either...

mine just burned out at 147,000 :bounce2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom