Nipple Guard 2000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No no no, the nipple on the rad. The guard thingy make sense.

Haha. The nipple connects a hose to the water inlet on the motor (where the upper radiator hose connects as well). If I had to guess it probably helps bleed air back to the top of the radiator.

I like.
Does the prototype contact the upper tank -
Is that just a surface scratch behind the protector?
The LC Phil product looks great! It appears the leg has a fold and then does rest on the radiator. It looks like quite an improvement to me. I'd suggest rattle canning it with bright pink or yellow paint to remind us not to lean on it.

FWIW, I just tied a 10" long orange pipe cleaner around my rad nipple and I have them sticking up like antennae. The idea is to just remind me visually not to put my hand there. It looks dorky as hell, but it was free and it works.

I've put on many off road miles with the prototype installed. No chafing of the radiator as, by design, it only comes in contact with the fan shroud.

Printed out if petg melt temp is above 210c.

Attach by snugging down the bolt for the shroud or a little double sided tape. Testing to begin soon.

20190618_142326.jpg

20190618_142210.jpg

Last edited:
Link to purchase the nipple guard.

Hat1.jpg

Hat2.jpg

Or $6.00 piece of aluminum flat stock, a couple of pop rivets and 15 minutes of your time. ;)

But yours is pretty handy....gotta admit.
Hat3.jpg

Last edited:
I think the purpose of that nipple is where water returns to the main cooling loop after flowing through the throttle body? to warm it up for better fuel economy in cold weather?

And, of course - to keep up on your swear word fluency, when you break it off with your elbow while working on the truck.

Meh. Missed the mark @Outsane
Can't be used with a typical small band clamp. Not enough relief in the nipple chamber.
Flat section against radiator is too thick. Snapped the shroud support right off.
Time to break out the epoxy.
I will stick with free range nipples.

Meh. Missed the mark @Outsane
Can't be used with a typical small band clamp. Not enough relief in the nipple chamber.
Flat section against radiator is too thick. Snapped the shroud support right off.
Time to break out the epoxy.
I will stick with free range nipples.

I think there is some room to add more clearance for thicker band clamps..

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom