SOLD Newnan, GA ** 1970 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
blue
Outside Link
https://chriswade.smugmug.com/1970-Blue-FJ40-GA
1970 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser
Original Survivor / US Version

Recently I completed a full restoration on a 1982 FJ40. I sold it and gave the new owner credit for this 1970 land cruiser. I am in the middle of another big restoration project and this one really does not need restored. I have not done much to it other than clean it up. It starts up immediately and runs great. I have not driven “3 on the tree” in a long time but have to say I enjoy it.

** Body Condition **
I know it was painted once many years ago. Color is Horizon Blue I believe. Finish still has a great shine as the pictures show. It was not used off road. The floors front and rear are in great condition. I have been all over it with a magnet and it does not show any evidence of bondo or filler (small magnet sticks everywhere). Two small areas with bubbling which I will show in pictures. Frame is solid.

** Interior Condition **
Original seats in place. One rear jump seat has a small hole that tape is over. Front lap belts.

** Mechanical Condition **
Original F engine with 3speed (on the column). I have engaged transfer case and it works like it should. Odometer shows 96,167 miles. DUI Electronic ignition and webber carburetor added. Previous owner told me engine has been rebuilt and has a new clutch (but receipts were not available). Certainly seems like it, plenty of power, no smoke. It shifts fine and 4wd engages. Tires are newer BF Goodrich AT KO’s 30x9.50x15. 5 OEM wheels and hubcaps. 4 wheel drum brakes. New alternator, exhaust, clutch master, alternator installed before it came to me. Lights, turn signals, brake lights, marker lights, wipers both heater blowers all in working condition.

***** ID #FJ40888094

Georgia is a bill of sale / registration state for vehicles over 25 years. This land cruiser is registered and insured in my name. It will be sold with a bill of sale and a copy of my registration. This is the requirement needed in all states. If your state requires it to be titled, they will use my registration and issue you a title for it.

As described this FJ40 is in remarkable condition. Located just south of Atlanta, GA. $26,500. (404) 819-6943

For pictures go to web site:
https://chriswade.smugmug.com/1970-Blue-FJ40-GA

IMG_3322-XL.jpg

IMG_3323-XL.jpg

IMG_3325-XL.jpg

IMG_3343-XL.jpg

IMG_3345-XL.jpg

IMG_3346-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!

That's the real deal. Great year and color too. 👍 :zilla:

Just a quick question. Could something like this be a daily driver of about say 40-50 miles a day on flat roads. I live in sw Florida and love these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom