Newbie owner here (well 7 months now) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NY2NC

Threads
Hey all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Dennis. I've owned my 1994 LC since May of this year. I knew about this group, but being on Facebook a lot (unfortunately), it was easier for me to jump on to the Toyota 80 Series USA group and ask questions... until I had a not-so-nice response from one of the members on there, who ripped into me for not knowing what I was talking about. I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't. I'm still learning every day. Anyway, Dave Rushing is a close neighbor to me and suggested I start using this more. I definitely want to build a network with you guys. It definitely helps when you have local support.
1229191155.jpg

Hey all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Dennis. I've owned my 1994 LC since May of this year. I knew about this group, but being on Facebook a lot (unfortunately), it was easier for me to jump on to the Toyota 80 Series USA group and ask questions... until I had a not-so-nice response from one of the members on there, who ripped into me for not knowing what I was talking about. I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't. I'm still learning every day. Anyway, Dave Rushing is a close neighbor to me and suggested I start using this more. I definitely want to build a network with you guys. It definitely helps when you have local support.View attachment 2168420
Welcome, Dennis. No matter what others may try to tell you, ‘94 is the best year of 80. Glad you found us!

Welcome, Dennis. No matter what others may try to tell you, ‘94 is the best year of 80. Glad you found us!

Thank you Dave for informing me of this group. I specifically didn't want the 95-97 because I didn't want to deal with a possible "Check Engine" light issue when it came time for State Inspection. I had a nightmare of a time with a BMW I used to own. Couldn't seem to resolve the CEL, and so I could not get it to pass. Not to say I shouldn't get my CEL resolved. Because I will. But it's nice when that doesn't hinder passing inspection when it's on.

Anyway, Dave Rushing is a close neighbor to me and suggested I start using this more. View attachment 2168420

If you're going to name drop in your first post at least use someone we like.... Lol

I kid.... That's a great neighbor and resource to have. Welcome to the family.

Welcome! 94 is the best year, but white is the best color ;)

Speaking of color, any recommendations on a paint shop? Or does anyone here do paint work?

Hello, and welcome

Speaking of color, any recommendations on a paint shop? Or does anyone here do paint work?
You’re correct in your assumption that you should change the color. There are already plenty of the greatest color/greatest year 80’s in the area. I’ll donate a few spray cans in assorted colors if you’re willing to start painting immediately!

And...welcome! (Emojis seem to have disappeared from the forum so please understand my above comment to be one of friendly sarcasm)

You’re correct in your assumption that you should change the color. There are already plenty of the greatest color/greatest year 80’s in the area. I’ll donate a few spray cans in assorted colors if you’re willing to start painting immediately!

And...welcome! (Emojis seem to have disappeared from the forum so please understand my above comment to be one of friendly sarcasm)

LOL! Honestly, I just want it to look one color. The fading in the usual areas is horrid. And the hood... whew!

Yeah I noticed they have gone from my phone but are still on my pc.

Welcome Dennis! I am close to Dave as well, since Dave is the center of gravity for land cruisers on the south side of CLT. Whereabouts NY did you move from?

and by the way, easy to “ignore” the axxholes on this site.

Welcome Dennis! I am close to Dave as well, since Dave is the center of gravity for land cruisers on the south side of CLT. Whereabouts NY did you move from?

and by the way, easy to “ignore” the axxholes on this site.

Are you in Weddington too? I moved from Long Island, as part of a job relo back in 2005. But I was born and raised in Queens.

On and off as I moved around, Ithaca in the early 80s, ROCHESTER in 90s, Piscataway New Joycee before coming here in 2001.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom