Newbie 1st post - Pic of my BJ46 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doesnt look like it needs any kind of restoration, thats a beautiful Cruiser you have! Welcome BTW

If you throw 33x9s on her you will get more top end highway speed without over reving the engine they will tuck into the wheel wells without rub but do rub on the tie rod on a fully cranked right turn.
If the 100k alarm annoys you it is under the dash on the fire wall above the gas pedal just unplug it I am not sure if shares the low vacuum alert,mine is still installed but with the 33s I know I am doing around 120 kph.
You should look into a turbo on that baby you will be impressed with the increased umph especially in high altitude mountain climbing.

If you throw 33x9s on her you will get more top end highway speed without over reving the engine they will tuck into the wheel wells without rub but do rub on the tie rod on a fully cranked right turn.
If the 100k alarm annoys you it is under the dash on the fire wall above the gas pedal just unplug it I am not sure if shares the low vacuum alert,mine is still installed but with the 33s I know I am doing around 120 kph.
hmmm I was hoping to go 10.5s, but if 33x9's can get me 120 kph I'll go that direction...this rig is a daily driver. Are you using all-terrain tires? Any specific recommendation?

The alarm does annoy me, THX

33x10.5 look awsome but wont tuck into the wells and you dont want to wreck those factory flares but if you lift it a few more inches you will get the clearance needed... I have ATs good off road but dont like slick wet roads that much gone into a few skids on red lights.

Hello all,
I am new to the site, however have been lurking for a good while now and wanted to share a pic of my rig -BJ46.

Note: I am researching quite a bit from restoration process, lift kits, sound proofing, tires/rims and removing a instrument cluster...this site has been helpful.

what is there to restore on this truck :confused: :eek:

it's so clean, it wants to be driven :doh:

don't hack into it :crybaby:

hmmm I was hoping to go 10.5s, but if 33x9's can get me 120 kph I'll go that direction...this rig is a daily driver. Are you using all-terrain tires? Any specific recommendation?

The alarm does annoy me, THX

what is the alarm you refer to? on my BJ42 the brake light just stayes on untill it builds vacuum but doesnt make any noise...

33x10.5 look awsome but wont tuck into the wells and you dont want to wreck those factory flares but if you lift it a few more inches you will get the clearance needed... I have ATs good off road but dont like slick wet roads that much gone into a few skids on red lights.

I run 33x10.50-15's on my 82 BJ42 and the tires tuck into my wheel wells when it flexes with no problems, click on the "82 BJ42" link in my signature for a bunch of pictures of it. I dont personally like the way 9.50's look on much of anything:meh:

what is there to restore on this truck :confused: :eek:

it's so clean, it wants to be driven :doh:

don't hack into it :crybaby:

It has some rust on the rear doors and different areas; I might sandblast it and paint it an olive color; looking into flares as well.

Man, what a sweet ride, so clean. Congrats on it, nice job getting it into the States, I like the stock rims.

If you cut those flares off to flare it...I will buy the factory ones off of you.

Cruisinfj60 the Aqaula tubs have straight cut fender wells with no inner lip where the 46 has a factory flare which will obstruct the 10.5 from clearing on articulation.
Most cruisers share the ebrake light and some have a buzzer for the low vacuum just not sure on the 44-46s if the speed buzzer is single purpose or multi purpose I have not traced the wiring out yet.

Last edited:
On my BJ46 at 100km a beep is activated...

If you cut those flares off to flare it...I will buy the factory ones off of you.

Cruisinfj60 the Aqaula tubs have straight cut fender wells with no inner lip where the 46 has a factory flare which will obstruct the 10.5 from clearing on articulation.
Most cruisers share the ebrake light and some have a buzzer for the low vacuum just not sure on the 44-46s if the speed buzzer is single purpose or multi purpose I have not traced the wiring out yet.

didnt know that bout the tub.

yea i have no buzzer for the vac, and apparently the buzzer was a speed buzzer that yall were talking about which i didnt understand, nor do i have that either as i have been up and over 105kmh several times before.

Can you post some pictures of your tires from the rear view and side view?

I wonder if a 4" lift will resolve the 10.5 tire concern...

Note: Appears more research is required before I make any modifications; I appreciate all your input.

It looks awesome, welcome to mud.

That's all I have right now. I will Snap a few tomorrow. It'll be garage shots though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom