New to me swine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jestlurnin

SILVER Star
Threads
Well I just couldn’t resist. I saw the post in the classifieds that @bobm had thrown up of the red and white cruiser in Sandpoint Idaho and reached out to the seller. I hadn’t visited family in Spokane in some time and Sandpoint is only about an hour from there so I figured it could be a dual trip if everything worked out.
Soooo it did. The seller and I were able to agree on a price and as Bob said I think it’s a pretty good starting point. The driver floor board is ROUGH! Passenger side floor board isn’t real pretty either. Definitely a bit more bit floor board rust than I’d hope for but the rest of the body is in pretty darn good shape. Now I gotta have the boys name her and figure out if I want to start on this one or Marge that I bought a couple months ago when I finish my honey do list.
Thanks for posting up that lead Bob
I’ll post up some more pictures when I get her back to the growing sty.
2F91EE46-609D-4A1F-A26D-33F827DA1B0E.jpeg
75E9E3DB-24E6-4B50-BBCC-CB96BA63D5BC.jpeg
EC095E03-C90D-47BC-9801-745E1A5196D8.jpeg

Well I just couldn’t resist. I saw the post in the classifieds that @bobm had thrown up of the red and white cruiser in Sandpoint Idaho and reached out to the seller. I hadn’t visited family in Spokane in some time and Sandpoint is only about an hour from there so I figured it could be a dual trip if everything worked out.
Soooo it did. The seller and I were able to agree on a price and as Bob said I think it’s a pretty good starting point. The driver floor board is ROUGH! Passenger side floor board isn’t real pretty either. Definitely a bit more bit floor board rust than I’d hope for but the rest of the body is in pretty darn good shape. Now I gotta have the boys name her and figure out if I want to start on this one or Marge that I bought a couple months ago when I finish my honey do list.
Thanks for posting up that lead Bob
I’ll post up some more pictures when I get her back to the growing sty.View attachment 2764639View attachment 2764640View attachment 2764643
Congrats!!!

Dude, so stoked for you...I have been following that pig for awhile, don't have room for another currently, transferred hands twice now in the last 12 months or so. Nice rig 👍

Congrats! Looks like a great starting point! Solid rockers and zero fender rust on an original paint job is extremely rare - it must have super low miles!(?)
Floor pans are one of the easier metal replacement fixes.
I’d get underneath and get the rockers, fenders and rear quarters completely cleaned out and hosed down with Fluid Film or your favorite petroleum based rust preventative product immediately!

@MudDauber its crazy you just posted this up. I’m actually having an internal struggle right now as to weather or not I should sell her. My folks took a turn for the worst recently and construction is set to begin this month on a new garage/apartment for them on the farm. That means my entire garage needs to go in my barn, which is where she is stored. I’m still plugging away on Marge when I can but I honestly don’t have the room with the construction and definitely will not have the time to get to this piggie any time soon. This one was slated to be the project/first rig for my 9 year old so if I decide to sell I’ll have some time to find another before he can legally drive.

I bought BobM front floor pans and a bunch of parts from our buddy in Yemen anticipating a start but like I said I’m currently torn. 🤦‍♂️

Stay tuned.

Sorry to hear about your folks, hope that things turnaround for you all. Family comes first, obviously.

Keep her if you can, looks like such a nice pig. Given the space limitations, you could keep her under a tarp or something in the short term and hope for additional time once the dust settles. Would be really cool to work on it with the kiddo. I have the same thoughts on my two rigs and my boys...the oldest is vehicle crazy and demands Land Cruiser videos every day when I arrive home from work. I'm going to have to get him one eventually, have a few years or so to mull it over.

Well I’ve decided this 55 needs a new home. We started moving everything out of the garage today in prep for the tear down and there is zero chance I’ll have enough room in the barn with her in it. I’m going to post her up in the 55 classifieds later tonight and hope she finds a great home with space and with someone that can get to her before I’ll be able to. There will be other pigs out there when we’ve got my folks settled. Plus I’ll be able to include my boy in the search next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom