79 body to ???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Figure I’d better start new thread here with all the possibilities I’ve got to deal with here.

I’ve got nice 79 body the wife and I picked up in November on an epic road trip to see @Pigeaten.

Original plans were to have it painted something else than green and replace rusted body and Delancys “flying pig”. With the 69 pig actively being painted and a self imposed deadline of end of April with body shop in Grand Junction I’ve got things to consider.

I really want to get Chris’s old pig finished so I can make it my DD. So, now thinking slapping the 69 body which has everything new (interior and all) on the flying pigs incredible chassis (thanks Chris).

Found shop for the 79 body, both the 69 and 79 frame are in excellent shape, however no title for the 79.

I have 2F and the rebuilt H55 sitting in shop and most everything else needed to put it all together. New rubber for the 79 is on order from Australia but I’m sure that will take a few months.

My big question for now is if anyone can share what size bolts and screws I need to get fenders and doors on the 79 so shop can make lines match up? I could pull some off Chris’s but hate to start doing that if someone really knows a few of sizes.

IMG_0393.jpeg

IMG_0399.jpeg

IMG_0400.jpeg

IMG_0392.jpeg

IMG_0394.jpeg

Each hinge, front and rear, takes one two or three of each of these. Unfortunately they are discontinued so I can't get a size via a vendor. Happy to measure my 77 bolts but it might be tomorrow before I could get to them.

90119-08077*** STD. PART
90119-08078*** STD. PART

Edit: So I just looked at the diagrams again and I am not so sure how to interpret them. Maybe one of those goes into the door and one into the body pillar? Guessing that's 2 or 3 each per hinge? Again, not as clear as I originally thought.

Last edited:
1st of all, you Suck 🤔🧐😘🤣 just kidding. Your Shop is nicer than my house! Me tired of rolling around in dirt n snow to work on things 😤. Please adopt me 😥 I'll behave I promise! I dont eat much, just need 🍻. Only have 3 vehicles, Atv and tractor. I do have a lot "O" issues though, but we can look past those 😯😳😥😉😘😤 I hope. Please keep this under consideration 😘🤣. Chris's Pig is sacred😉 should be kept running and minimal mods 😉😘. My .02$

1st of all, you Suck 🤔🧐😘🤣 just kidding. Your Shop is nicer than my house! Me tired of rolling around in dirt n snow to work on things 😤. Please adopt me 😥 I'll behave I promise! I dont eat much, just need 🍻. Only have 3 vehicles, Atv and tractor. I do have a lot "O" issues though, but we can look past those 😯😳😥😉😘😤 I hope. Please keep this under consideration 😘🤣. Chris's Pig is sacred😉 should be kept running and minimal mods 😉😘. My .02$
I do have to share that your house likely nicer than mine. Our current 43 year old single wide is on its last legs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom