Builds New project, 1969 fj40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those T stat housings and water pump leaks can be a pain. I gave up on the paper gaskets or paper/FIPG combo a long time ago. Put a medium amount of FIPG ONLY, let it cure for a few hours and you should be golden. Someone may comment orange vs black FIPG, and by the book one may be listed as this use or that, but if it doesn't leak I don't care.

Started on the front end swap.

30A0BD72-2D56-4128-A3A2-C328010EF83F.jpeg

7832569A-2DA2-45AF-AC03-7FFADBC90730.jpeg

E63F2033-0D6B-4C69-8686-2DD8672476E0.jpeg

0AB7C029-E745-48C7-94B8-78CE9B8623A2.jpeg

Tried calling you back three times Corey. No ring on your end. :sad:

My best guesstimate with return shipping is $465.76. I use the word guesstimate because the carb came to me partially disassembled, so I’m not 100% sure that nothing is missing, and won’t know for sure until I reassemble.

Those are the same tires that mine came with. It's a shame you have to remove them to get the axle housing underneath. It would be so much easier if you could leave them on. Everything's looking good. Keep up the good work!

Tried calling you back three times Corey. No ring on your end. :sad:

My best guesstimate with return shipping is $465.76. I use the word guesstimate because the carb came to me partially disassembled, so I’m not 100% sure that nothing is missing, and won’t know for sure until I reassemble.
I was out of range for a bit tonight, thanks for trying though! 🙂
Unless the mailbox is full you should be able to leave a voicemail either way. I’ll delete some messages just in case.
I’ll get a money order started for that amount for now.

I was out of range for a bit tonight, thanks for trying though! 🙂
Unless the mailbox is full you should be able to leave a voicemail either way. I’ll delete some messages just in case.
I’ll get a money order started for that amount for now.
Carb is now reassembled. Three parts were/are missing. I looked at @EWheeler original post last night and determined that two of them were still on the carb when it was listed for sale.🤔

Thank you. That carb came from @ToyotaMatt
@65swb45 Mark is correct in that the carb that came to you from Matt came from me originally when I did some horse trading with him. I disassembled a couple pieces from the exterior of the carb in order to try my best to protect the unit from damage in shipping it to Matt, but everything I removed was sent along with the carb and this was communicated to Matt. I tried to look back through my texts, but have a new phone since that transaction took place and do not have the photos or texts unfortunately.

Carb is now reassembled. Three parts were/are missing. I looked at @EWheeler original post last night and determined that two of them were still on the carb when it was listed for sale.🤔
Thank you. That carb came from @ToyotaMatt
@65swb45 Mark is correct in that the carb that came to you from Matt came from me originally when I did some horse trading with him. I disassembled a couple pieces from the exterior of the carb in order to try my best to protect the unit from damage in shipping it to Matt, but everything I removed was sent along with the carb and this was communicated to Matt. I tried to look back through my texts, but have a new phone since that transaction took place and do not have the photos or texts unfortunately.

there were 3 parts all ZIP-TIED together ,

i included them in the box with the carb ,

are these the missing parts in question ?

there were 3 parts all ZIP-TIED together ,

i included them in the box with the carb ,

are these the missing parts in question ?
No , I got those. Those belonged to the primary throttle shaft.

Is this a game of suspense? Ok, i'll ask the question, "what parts are missing" ??
Hardly. It just happens that there is a second thread dealing with this carb. The missing pieces are listed there.
The suspense for me is when the $$ will arrive. :lol:

Last edited:
Hardly. It just happens that there is a second thread dealing with this carb. The missing pieces are listed there.
The suspense for me is when the $$ will arrive. :lol:
I just tried to call. I could hear you but you couldn’t hear me. If you could do me a huge favor and give me a buzz please? If I don’t answer, leave me your full name and a total and I’ll get your money order tomorrow.
Sorry for all the delay.

I just tried to call. I could hear you but you couldn’t hear me. If you could do me a huge favor and give me a buzz please? If I don’t answer, leave me your full name and a total and I’ll get your money order tomorrow.
Sorry for all the delay.
Carb is boxed and ready to ship. Left you a voicemail: FedEx doesn’t recognize your street address.
I’d rather not ship a carb via USPS; boxes disappear and damage/ loss claims are a nightmare.

Carb is boxed and ready to ship. Left you a voicemail: FedEx doesn’t recognize your street address.
I’d rather not ship a carb via USPS; boxes disappear and damage/ loss claims are a nightmare.
Got your message, barely. Very staticky but I made out some.
Not sure why fedex says that sometimes, because they deliver here all the time. Is there a way to force it through the system anyway?
There’s always ups too but I don’t want to be difficult.

I went to fedex.com and registered for package delivery monitoring. My address came up as I typed it in.
Theirs says Lagunitas-Forest Knolls for the city, maybe try that?
Sorry!

Just tried calling again, left a partial message and your machine cut me off.
I’ve tried a few times with not very good results due to I think technical glitches.
Anyhow, sorry this is so convoluted, it would be great to text/email/dm but that doesn’t seem to be an option.
Let me know how I can help and I will do my best.
Corey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom