Wanted New OEM Style Wiring Harness for Early 1965 FJ40 FST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We are 4 years into a restoration and getting close to wrapping it up. One of the last items I am trying to source is a new OEM style wiring harness. A lot of the aftermarket kits have different connectors than the original trucks. We're trying to complete the restoration is the most original way possible.

Please DM me if you have one for sale or know where I can source one.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Were you able to get a hold of one? I am also nearing that point and am starting to think the harness I have will need replacing.

Happy thanksgiving!

J

4AD2CBD0-992F-45CE-8897-F6718E9C2ABB.jpeg

Be honest. Did you just write that on there with a marker? If not I will take a new fj25 harness or a new 1972 one.

I wrote it on the box 29 years ago, when I bought it, along with the rebuilt engine that is in my swb45 from a customer who was doing a V8 swap. It has been stored inside my shop out of the elements for the last 29 years.

$400.

I wrote it on the box 29 years ago, when I bought it, along with the rebuilt engine that is in my swb45 from a customer who was doing a V8 swap. It has been stored inside my shop out of the elements for the last 29 years.

$400.
I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm always amazed at what you have laying around. Great deal too

I'm just giving you a hard time. I'm always amazed at what you have laying around. Great deal too

I know. ;). BTW, the PN on the box is a USED inventory number for the vehicle it came off of/ out of. I started in 1986 at 1-101. I am past 1-1116 (motor I bought from @YoYoHo ) at this point. And several dozen of those PNs were multi-vehicle purchases. IOW, I literally have thousands of vehicles worth of parts.

Last edited:
A nos 1965 harness should cost more than a used Vader light.
It should. Supply and demand I guess. Less people looking for harnesses than vader lights. I personally do not understand why Vader lights sell for so much. They just do.

Hmmmm. If the other gentlemen pass, I'm in line.

Last edited:
Is that NOS?

$400.

Mark, thanks. How would the wiring on a SWB45 be different from a 40LV?

Mark, thanks. How would the wiring on a SWB45 be different from a 40LV?

I don’t know for certainty, but I would think that an LV would have an extra switch and wiring for an interior light.

This harness came out of an FJ40. When I did the frame off resto of my swb45 in 1992, I bought an NOS harness for a 1965 FJ40 and it plugged straight in.

What's the news?

What's the news?

The word is the whole thing has been a huge false alarm. :( I opened the box today to find a very molested 1965 harness. It was untaped at some point and the original ammeter wires were replaced. There are also almost a dozen wires that have had their connectors cut off.

Sorry folks. Should have opened the box first.

But what a story! Good, clean fun. It was fun just to dream a bit.

Oh man, sorry to hear that, thanks for the heads up Mark. I appreciate your time and efforts nonetheless.
I was away so would have probably missed out on this to @HelloKitty65.

On another note, did FJ40LV's come with an interior light? Where was this light located? Mine comes with the heater and defroster, which in my understanding filled the space where the infamous Vader Light would have gone. Is this correct? What am I missing?

Darn, I feel that I am so close, yet so far to finishing my project...

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom