New OEM Alternator price? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been using the aftermarket alternators from the local O’Reilly/Autozone for a long time but the last few years have been seeing them with incorrect pulleys- narrower, smaller diameter. Anyone else seeing this? How much is Toyota charging (pardon the pun) for a new Nippondenso 45 amp one? I have a 1974 FJ40 I bought used in 1980. I don’t want to get too far away from stock. What about Rock Auto?
B0147350-7C51-447A-A091-D1BD367F0B55.jpeg

The pulleys are on like nothing I’ve ever dealt with, it’s as if they are welded. I don’t get it. I may just take my bad one to a shop.

I replaced the brushes in my ‘74 original alternator to fix it, worked for years until I swapped to a 90amp internally regulated 12SI GM alternator to better keep up with winching. Perhaps yours is also repairable

Last edited:
I also replaced the brushes… not too hard to do really

Great page from coolerman:

No, I used PBBlaster and cheater bars. No go. Instead of dealing with all that, I dropped it off at Pearland Alternator this morning. They
said it has a bad diode. So pulling it all apart and replacing brushes wouldn’t have helped. I appreciate all the suggestions.

Full rebuild?

As far as a I know, yes. I’ve been taking starters & alternators to them for over 30 years. Never had a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom