New member with first 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to introduce myself. I have purchased my first land cruiser or lx450. It is triple locked version and was a restoration that was not completed by a member on ih8mud.

I have wanted one for a long time when I found this truck. I had looked at many that needed too much work.

The restoration completed by it previous owner includes rebuilt front axle, OME lift, ARB bumper front, many engine repairs, brake upgrades, and fluid changes to synthetic, new leather, a lot of money in paint and trim pieces, and other things I have missed. The truck's interior and exterior are not finished but it already looks great to me. I look forward to finishing the truck and using it on the weekends.

I forgot pictures. Also the story is that the truck as 212k miles on it but the motor supposedly has less than 120k after a swap a few years back.

The restoration was started three or four years ago when the truck had 209k on the clock.

It is currently at a body shop getting the trim reattached and other miscellaneous work. After that it comes back home for me to install the interior.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Welcome. And I'll second the great looking seats comment. Love the darker cocao and wish they were still available.

Nice looking Lexus as well. Was this one in Florida? Seems I recall a thread on here with the white layed over the Lexus cladding. I like it ! Just no white stock bumpers ..... Always seems to cheapen the look. Sounds like the Arb has one end solved. A 4x4 labs sans swing outs would look awfully good on there.

That white with the dark brown leather combo looks really nice. Congrats and welcome :flipoff2:

truck came from Jackson Mississippi. I am going back with a white rear bumper for now. I paid what I would consider a lot for a 20 year old vehicle. But the Previous owner spent lots of money on restoration and I had most of those receipts. Absolutely no rust on this truck. The previous owner was OCD about getting things right and with Toyota parts. The axle rebuild even used Toyota birfield axle replacements. Not just the bearings and seals.

I turned into a 16 year old kid when I saw it and had to buy it.

Welcome to the madness and congrats dude.

Here's your official Mud salute :flipoff2:

I wanted to update my progress on putting the truck back together. I have installed additional sound deadening in the floor, ultragauge, and center diff switch.

I am debating on what rear bumper to install. I am leaning away from original thought of paint OEM bumper white.

What else should I focus on doing to improve the truck.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Like the coco leather with the white truck. Good find!!

Welcome to MUD !!

I would lose the running boards but I need a step for my small kids.

Finally some interior going in after the nutserts were fixed to keep the roof rack attached. They were stripped during the painting by the previous owners body shop.

I cannot decide on the bumper because I don't want to cut the cross member. Are there other options other than slee which costs a lot of money?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bump It Off-road has a bolt-on rear bumper/swing out option. I believe it's $500+ cheaper than the Slee rear. I feel you on not wanting to cut the rear crossmember but your are pretty limited if you don't and the tight fit of the 4x4Labs looks so much better.

:cool:

look into the MS cruiser club - really cool people - and the best is the annual crawfish boil (it's where we bought our 80 ;))

Clubhouse section is here: MS- CottonLand Cruisers

welcome :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom