NEVER QUIT Overland's Extreme Isuzu NPR Build & 4x4 Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a few more pics

Crossmembers were made to be removable so they could be powder coated, then installed. There are two layers of 11 gauge steel through bolted with rated fasteners.

Rated fasteners, wow

Nice build the work looks top notch quality fabrication. Ignore the haters and keep the posts coming. Thanks for sharing the build

It looks good, like a lot of thought and work has gone into it so far.

Do you have two layers for the cross members? Coming from a place where the roads are heavily salted/gravelled in the winter I can see some cons. Also, why not just weld and paint? Powder coat is good, but my instinct is to weld those structures vs bolt.

Also, recessed hex head bolts.. flush it button head would be sleaker, and a button head with a wide flange wouldn't need a washer on top, plus you can get them in recessed hex.

If your gonna design something like the airbag brackets, consider building so the bottom edge wraps under the frame, then the bolts don't take all the shear force loads. Edit: you might have that, hard to tell in the pics.

Only other thing I wouldn't mention, is welding the nut to the structure on the far side, less chance of things working loose and having to find/replace parts, plus you need one less wrench to tighten

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have not been on the board in a while, so apologies for the lack of updates. The owner of the truck has been traveling, the camper box is being built by another company and the owner of the fab shop doing the work is taking some time off. That said, here are a few pics of the camper box being mocked up.

There is a cabover section with a queen sized bed and ventilation in the front. The side supports make room for two large hammocks to hang. The box should be completed in about a month; the truck is at Angry Iron getting mounts made for the box to sit on and flex some without damaging its structure. This has been engineered into the mounts and the camper box from the beginning.
Resized_20190625_170512.jpeg
Resized_20190718_124819.jpeg
Resized_20190715_111548.jpeg
Resized_20190718_124842.jpeg
Resized_20190726_200312(3).jpeg

Last edited:
do those Dynatrac Axles bolt right to the Isuzu or this there additional fabrication that needs to take place to mate them??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom