Need to share! 2006 GX470 Sport (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys! I’m new to this forum and just wanted to share my excitement with all of you.

I just purchase a 2006 GX470 Sport with KDSS and 113k miles in Los Angeles with all the service records done by a Lexus dealer from when it was new. A California car with absolutely no rust whatsoever and barely any wear on the inside. Found it at a CarMax Lot and couldn’t believe. My wife doesn’t understand why I’m so happy! Im already loving it.

What should I do to her first? Mostly commuter with some overlanding here and there.

1276.jpg

1276.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find. If it’s a commuter, then I would just put bigger tires on the oem rims. One option is 255/75/17 = 32.1” x 10” tires. That’s it!

Take it off road and see how you like it. Once you start going off road more often, then you can figure out what you need.

If you want to be more capable when off road, then remove running boards. If you want to look cool and want to protect the rocker panel, then add rock sliders.

Honestly, I wouldn’t change suspension or lift my commuter until you go off-roading more often. The 470 is capable off-road as is.

Very nice snag! I can understand your happiness. I've owned 46 vehicles in my life and driven hundreds of others. The GX 470 is my overall favorite in many regards. It's the Goldilocks truck, and a high point for Toyota vehicles. :)

Last edited:
congrats, looks nice

Great find!

Was the Water Pump and Timing Belt done around 90k miles?

I would baseline fluids: engine oil, differential, grease drive shaft.

Then Weather Tech mats and All Terrain Tires up at least one size. Then enjoy.

OP said this was going to be a commuter. Commuters don't need the anal retentive maintenance as our trail rigs. If the timing belt was done at 90k miles, but not the water pump...I would not sweat it. I would run the water pump until 180k miles and then replace it with the timing belt at 180k miles. The water pump lasts more than 90k and they fail slowly with leaks.

This 2008 GX470 is too new/pretty to be offroad still! LOL

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom