Need front axle oil seal. What other Toyota´s share the same part? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. I´ve bent one of the oil seals that came with my 40 series knuckle rebuild kit. The parts guy in my local Toyota dealer has never heard of a BJ40, even tho there are loads of them driving around where I live.

Looking thru ebay, there are plenty of listings for front axle seals. Unfortunately for me they are almost all from Australia. Some say they fit 40, 60 & 70 series. Some are selling seals they say fit 70, 80 & 100 series. Some are selling seals they say fit any Toyota 4x4 with front leaf springs incl hilux & 4runner. My knuckle rebuild kit supposedly was for 40, 60 & 4runners, tho the wheel bearing seals were too large but everything else was right.

So what is the truth on what is compatible specifically for the front axle oil seal? If I really can use a 70 series seal then I´ve got a good chance the Toyota dealer will stock them or be able to get them next day. Even better if the 4runner or 100 series use the same seal.

theres a couple of toyota parts dealers on here that might could help with a part number to try at your dealer if overseas shipping is killer to buying and shipping anything.

cruiserdan
and beno... saw hes out of town a week or so
are recommended highly by people here

I dont know if the year plays a factor in the size, you could look at a place like cruiser outfitters they sell all the individual parts, i just received a rebuild kit form them and seems top notch... at the very least you could see their different applications for each year on their site. I dont know if the pre-disk brakes had a different size or if in 79 when the pickups came out the size changed

on cruiser outfitters site for front

option A
Fits 9/75'-90' FJ40/55/60/70 & 62 & 79'-85' Mini Truck
Option B
Fits 69'-9/75' FJ40/55

Yours (im guessing your in spain) could have different sizes than stateside but i think it just came down to drum vs disk brakes varying between countries. Also a previous owner could have swapped axles over the years

Last edited:
Tomo if I get time I will take the old seal and my calipers to Toyota and ask him to get out the landcruiser axle seals he does have in stock. But if someone knows for sure which late-ish models share the same seal will save me a lot of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom