My quest for a comfy camp chair. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last spring I was at REI spending my dividend and they had one of these set up. So, or course, I sat down. Oh my. I wanted one right there until I looked at the $150 price tag. [cough] [choke]. Maybe when I get my dividend this year.

Or not. They had them on sale. $118 to my door. Still gasping for air, but damn, it's a nice chair. My only concern? It's a "beach chair" and it sits real low to the ground. I mean real low, and if you have crappy knees or hips like I do it could be a problem getting out of it. This concern was even in the reviews. But, it's comfy, and it's tall enough for my head in case the lapping waves, and sea gull calls, put me to sleep. Now I need a Baja trip to see how fast I can saw some zzzzz's. Another bonus? It packs up to nothing.

Helinox Beach Chair - compact, light and super comfortable!

I have a couple of the Helinox Chair Zero, a Helinox Camp Chair and just ordered the Helinox Sunset Chair. The Sunset chair is the one that sits higher I believe, and has a higher back where you can rest your head and even use the case as a pillow:

Helinox Sunset Chair | REI Co-op

It was just on sale over Labor Day, which is why I purchased it, $118. With a family of five, I had to get rid of the bulkier chairs and these are all so comfy.

Cheers,
Salue

If you don't need the higher back, check out Costco's site. They have the Timber Ridge 2 pack on sale for $30. It was too good of a deal to pass up so that was my excuse to buy them for my kids.

Took advantage of the REI off on te Helinox sunset chair. I already have the two Helinox camp chairs which end up being my kids so have to get one for myself. They sure are not cheap but they had been wanting to switch to lighter chairs (so i can bring the heavy cast irons!! lol)

Have been shopping for new camp chairs for quite a while and finally settled on this, based on yours and @Stumpalama 's recommendations in this thread. Got here yesterday via Amazon. Seems to be very, very sturdy, and is very comfortable.
Just be sure to lube the legs with some silicone spray on occasion.

I saw some guys in these using a foot stool. It looked like a lazy boy lol. Theses dudes were in the 300 pound club, but well below the max load rating, too lol

Im a wide load if ya catch my drift...nthn more annoying than a chair not as wide. I want this for my house.....looks amazing.

Amazon product ASIN B08ZMYSC5P

I saw some guys in these using a foot stool. It looked like a lazy boy lol. Theses dudes were in the 300 pound club, but well below the max load rating, too lol

Woaoaoao....i LOVE that more than the 1 i thought i Loved lol. Go ahead....make fun of.us 300lb clubbers 😂😃😁😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom