My quest for a comfy camp chair. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The wife saw this the other day and thinks she needs it. I think an inebriated Mr. Tibbs is bound to fall out of the damn thing!

Nemo Deluxe Stargazer

I hate to be the one to tell you but she may be trying to kill you. Has she markedly increased your life insurance recently?

"The first ever swinging and reclining camp chair" I don't know how they got the lawyers to sign off on the idea :eek:

Normally $27.99 from Harbor Freight; $19.99 with coupon. I've used mine on at least two different 3-night/4-day camping trips so far and I really like it.

orvlOsh.jpg

7Tt7faG.jpg

1CjPvyN.jpg

G'Day Fella's,

Kofoed, I'm not long back from "A coupla days away bush.........."
I personally prefer a high backed, fold up camp chair, so I can rest my head on the back of the chair.
Here's an image.

Regards
Homer

DSCN2375.JPG

I was at REI this morning spending my dividend. They had one of these on the floor, so I sat down. I want one, but coming to terms with the $150 price will be a challenge. Super comfy. If I had one complaint, it's a beach chair, which means low to the ground (good and bad) ... and my knees really objected getting out.

Helinox Beach Chair

Well I went a different direction and went down. Trying to downsize in general with cutting weight and space. These are lightweight and super comfy.

s7_552782_renderset_01

Well I went a different direction and went down. Trying to downsize in general with cutting weight and space. These are lightweight and super comfy.

s7_552782_renderset_01

Is the back high enough for one's head? Staring out at the Sea of Cortez tends to put me to sleep. :)

When sitting straight up, its just a tad too low. But when I lay down a little they will support your head!

When sitting straight up, its just a tad too low. But when I lay down a little they will support your head!
Chair must support my head ... in case I doze off.

Bajabeachbum.JPG

I like the ubiquitous sling chairs that fold up vertically and can be stowed in their cases. But, as a photographer who sometimes does a bit of hiking and then needs to wait around for the light to be right, I bought a Helionox clone. I don't find the Helinox or any of the clones I've tried to be comfortable like a proper camp chair but these things fold up *small* and weigh two pounds. If you're humping it around in/on your pack, two pounds is the more important feature. I got this one:

61aK5OJmPcL._SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076JVK5NT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Yup.

Any of you guys used one of these?
9fbbcda3c830259c90e261ba490d3c78.jpg

American Camp Chair | Hand crafted for people who enjoy the outdoors

It's based on the Fenby patent "paragon" chair of the 1880s which is the granddaddy of the various tubular steel "umbrella" chairs being churned out by the thousands in Chinese factories. No plastic here - the plastic blocks of which George speaks above were originally folded steel brackets.

FenbyPatentUS244216.jpg

Timber, steel and canvas trumps plastic, nylon and thin-wall base metal tubing any day.

Of course, the price on these is a killer. Better to make your own I reckon ;)
Wanted to ask you how you like your Ranger camp chair. thinking of calling to order one. thanks.

Best Chair hands down would have to bee the OzTent King Kakoda with hard arm rests in my opinion. After i found out the wife is expecting Twins i forked out the AU$129.99 each for two of these things and it was the best thing i have ever done. P.S. they are now on special for around the AU$99.00 mark if you can find them.

BP90128005-khaki.jpg

BP90128005-khaki-2.jpg

New favorite.....$30 form costco, go figure. The Bungee Chair

chair.jpg

Last spring I was at REI spending my dividend and they had one of these set up. So, or course, I sat down. Oh my. I wanted one right there until I looked at the $150 price tag. [cough] [choke]. Maybe when I get my dividend this year.

Or not. They had them on sale. $118 to my door. Still gasping for air, but damn, it's a nice chair. My only concern? It's a "beach chair" and it sits real low to the ground. I mean real low, and if you have crappy knees or hips like I do it could be a problem getting out of it. This concern was even in the reviews. But, it's comfy, and it's tall enough for my head in case the lapping waves, and sea gull calls, put me to sleep. Now I need a Baja trip to see how fast I can saw some zzzzz's. Another bonus? It packs up to nothing.

Helinox Beach Chair - compact, light and super comfortable!

Last edited:
I was at REI this morning spending my dividend. They had one of these on the floor, so I sat down. I want one, but coming to terms with the $150 price will be a challenge. Super comfy. If I had one complaint, it's a beach chair, which means low to the ground (good and bad) ... and my knees really objected getting out.

Helinox Beach Chair

A friend had one of these on a Baja trip. Super comfy - the coveted chair of the trip. But the plastic fittings that join the metal supports broke at the end of the trip. The chair was new; not very durable, especially for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom