My New Ultimate (for me) Drawer System!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This will be my second, and improved drawer system.
P9102271.jpg

P9102269.jpg

But this time I want to do try to do something really clean, and innovative. I want to make it as light as possible, while keeping the highest structural integrity and strength possible.
I plan to achieve this by using a small steal sub frame and 9ply 1/2 inch plywood, and a new type of tie down that will be light and vercitile.
I will do my best to use only the highest quality hardware, and materials.

Let the build begin! I will post pictures tomorrow when I start on the metal sub frame.

I'm looking forward to your new build!

Thanks again for the deal on your old drawer...lookin forward to filling it up with stuff :):)

Today I was able to finish my sub frame.

PC162523.jpg

PC162524.jpg

I just have to prime, then I should be installing tomorrow. After I get the frame installed I will start cutting the wood pisces.

is that 1/2" plywood or 12mm mill finished Birch plywood? I've good luck with the 12mm Birch from Home Depot.

Looking forward to your finished product!

The sheet of plywood that you see in that photo is 1/2" raw birch. The sheet I am going to use for this project is 9ply 1/2" prefinished maple.

oooh, nice!

Today I was able to paint, and install the sub frame. Here are some pics.

PC172544.jpg

PC172543.jpg

This was only a dry fit. I will take it out and start assembling tomorrow.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Cool so far. Keep the pics and updates coming.

I was rushed to get of the house yesterday, but before I left I was able to finish the drawers for this project.
PC182561.jpg
PC182562.jpg

It will be Tuesday before I am able to work on this again.
Thanks

Charles its Tuseday night got any new pics for us??? My storage that I got from you is just the same way I got it from you so just giving you hard time...:beer:

you must have a pretty deep pocket. 2 baby seats and a cruiser haha

nice box, gonna be sweet

Sorry this took so long. Ok, Hear is my progress. Today I was able to install the drawers.

P1010565.jpg

P1010564.jpg

That's nice, I cant wait to build mine, I like ur frame design its different and similar to what I am thinking of doing

Caleb

Looking good. Using the prefinished wood really does make things easier. I would have used prefinished if I weren't planning on dousing it all with Line-X and black paint:D

One thing I did notice that you were missing though, is the Doberman to keep you company while you work;p
1-17-07 004.jpg

Looking good. Using the prefinished wood really does make things easier. I would have used prefinished if I weren't planning on dousing it all with Line-X and black paint:D

One thing I did notice that you were missing though, is the Doberman to keep you company while you work;p

Steve, I had a hard time deciding to do wood finish Vs. line-X, I went with wood this time. I figure that I could always Line-X latter. As far Dobermans go. Scotty is not good to play in the front yard (if a bike goes by.... It will not get to far:eek:)

Thanks to all, Merry Christmas.

why line-x it? it will rough and bumpy and uncomfortable. it will wear fabric that is placed on it and trap dust and dirt. it will cut your skin if you scrape against it and it will hurt to kneel on if you are in shorts or whatever. i know you dont me from Adam but why not try smooth Durabak? Cote-L Distribution Company

I am planing to do the entire outside of my rig with durabak. But my last drawer was Line-X and I liked it alot, that being said I can see where you are coming from. it does not matter anyway becouse I am planing to leave it wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom