My New Ultimate (for me) Drawer System!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice, I like the latches. I'm just getting ready to install those same latches on my drawers. JT

The front drawer faces don't seem to match the top? Is it a different finish or just looks different because it's from another sheet?

I also like the aluminum strips on top, that will probably save the finish from scratches in the future.

Yeah The wood is from two different sheets I had laying around the shop.

That was the plan with the aluminum strips.

Very nice job on your storage system there. It looks lighter than my setup. It's amazing how the weight of plywood and roller-bearing sliders adds up! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Dan

I was trying to make it as light as possible with out sacrificing strangth. The main ways I saved on weight are; useing 1/2" plywood, and not putting a bottom on the cabinet. I have some Ideas That may save even more waight in the future.

Looks very very nice. I think I prefer the cleaner look on this finish to the rhino liner stuff.

My last drawer was Rhino lined, I liked it. Items did'nt slide around as easly as they do with finished wood.

Great looking work!!! I went the steel frame route, with 1/2 ply, works great. I left the wood clear coated but use a tool box liner/shelf paper and that keeps stuff from sliding really well. Plus I can roll it up when I'm done with it and it makes a great way for the dog to get up to the RTT when you roll out the red carpet from the rack down the windshield onto the hood!!!

I think I am going to make a FoamCore top for this drawer setup soon. I can do a wood face material or I may LineX it.... still deciding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom