My New Ultimate (for me) Drawer System!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This has been a really busy week for me, and I am sorry this is going slow. But in between the family party, planting a lawn, and moving of family members I was able to get a little bit done on the drawer system. And test it with a 400+lbs load. Hear are some Videos/pics
, (the charger is missing for my regular camera) This is kinda dumb but it's all I can do:hillbilly:

It looks like you used 3/4" 9ply for the drawer bottoms and maybe for the top platform too. I don't see any sagging of the platform, even with the 400+lbs load. That's nice!

Its hard to tell from the bad pics but that is all 1/2" ply.
And Yes you are corect No sagging!

It looks like you used 3/4" 9ply for the drawer bottoms and maybe for the top platform too. I don't see any sagging of the platform, even with the 400+lbs load. That's nice!

OK, I got some better pics.
015.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

I put all my stuff in and I still have alot of room, I think I can fit twice as much as I have in there now.
016.jpg

Thanks guys

Looks NICE!!

Brand new drawer system, same old messy drawers:flipoff2:

Just messin' with ya...lookin' good. The Southco boxes in the one drawer are a nice touch, like "sometime when I have a little extra time on my hands on a run, I'm gonna mount those latches":D

Brand new drawer system, same old messy drawers:flipoff2:

Just messin' with ya...lookin' good. The Southco boxes in the one drawer are a nice touch, like "sometime when I have a little extra time on my hands on a run, I'm gonna mount those latches":D

Yeah, I will after I find the time to get the fronts on.

Are you saying that you're going to be putting faces on the drawers? If so, have you decided whether to put a facia on the entire back/latch side (like mine), or were you thinking about making faces much larger than the drawers to fill out the entire back side?

Are you saying that you're going to be putting faces on the drawers? If so, have you decided whether to put a facia on the entire back/latch side (like mine), or were you thinking about making faces much larger than the drawers to fill out the entire back side?

Yes, I will be puttin faces on the drawers. I am still working out the details and trying to decide wether to access the cueby hole just behind the wheel well from the top, or from the front.

looks great!

1 question: what material did you mount vertically to the metal frames and to the drawer glides?

1 suggestions: radius or chamfer your edges of your plywood to prevent the veneer from chipping up or delaminating when hit or having things drug over them.

Keep up the good work!!!!

x2 on the edge treatment. You don't have to do very much, but it will help immeasurably. Like the looks of the box. Why the two piece design?

looks great!

1 question: what material did you mount vertically to the metal frames and to the drawer glides?

1 suggestions: radius or chamfer your edges of your plywood to prevent the veneer from chipping up or delaminating when hit or having things drug over them.

Keep up the good work!!!!

The vertically mounted material is 1/2 domestic birch ply.
Thanks for the good suggestion of treating the edges with a chanfer or radius, I will not have many edges accessable when completed, but I will defiantly (lightly) apply this wisdom to the build.

x2 on the edge treatment. You don't have to do very much, but it will help immeasurably. Like the looks of the box. Why the two piece design?

Do you mean on the top? If so, it is becouse I will have a removable to on own or both sides.

After taking several days off from this project to recover form the holidays and to do some much needed house work. I am back to the grind, and working on this project. Today I did some fine tuning, and layout for the next steps. Sorry no pics today. I hope to get some up in the next two or three days:) Thanks

Here are some pics of the last two days progress. I was able to dile in the top, and attach it. I also installed the Aluminium front edge.
P1122601.jpg

P1122603.jpg

P1122604.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom