My New Ultimate (for me) Drawer System!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow! I need to finish this. I am going to get back to this project next week! I am tiared of hearing the drawers clunk back and forth becouse I have not installed the latches yet. In th time I have been driving aroud and useing this drawer system I have lerned that the removable top idia is not working in its curent condition, so I will have to see what I can do about that. Anyway guys sorry this thred fell so far down on my priority list that I almost forgot about it conpleatly. This time I will not stop untill I have finished the project, I will post up on Tuesday. But for now I am off to TJ.

cool..looking forward to so finished pics...you need to change your sig line...new rear bumper by???

what are you doing for a rear bumper now??? I ordered a 4x4 labs one two weeks ago...

The rear is on hold till I get some sliders going. I think I may do it myself when the time comes.

Ok. Well, I was able to work on the drawers today. Most of my time was spent cleaning out the back of my rig. I attached the previoslly loose drivers side top, by screwing down into the wood ribs. This will alow me to remove with a screw driver, if ever in a tight spot, but still provides some securety; If I ever were to roll the truck (thanks for the great idea Larry) There was not much to photograph today, but in the next few days I hope to install the fronts and latches, then I will get some pics up. Untill then...:cheers::beer:

I threw on a cam latch on the wing the other day cause I keep my chains there and was worried if I ever did end up side down they really could ring my bell....so sercuring the top = good idea....need to come up with one to latch the removible section but still allow it to open...

I was able to make some progress on the drawer fronts today. Here is a pic.
P22427802.jpg

Those look great with the fronts on. Do the drawers pull out far enough where you have good access to the side cubbies if you wanted to put longer items in there?

noice! looks like it came from Ikea! great work!

curious, what's the total weight on it?

cheers.

I am not sure. But my educated guess is that it ways in at about 65lbs. That is just a guess, but I will be making another one soon and I will weigh the components sepritly and report back.

Very nice!

Ok. I installed the latches today. They look very nice, I am very happy with the end result.

P2272814.jpg

P2272813.jpg

P2272812.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom