Builds My Build, So far...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welding in new steel

Not too bad, Im learning how to weld while a friend of mine is helping me.
DSC01787_edited.JPG
DSC01788_edited.JPG
DSC01790_edited.JPG

Looking great!

Never have figured out why folks don't have more sheet metal parts made by their local sheet metal shops.

I spent $230 and had parts made to replace the center channel, rear sill, quarter panels, cargo floor, drivers floor pan rocker panels, and blah blah blah....

Decided on a color yet?

More welding

This is fun, my wife is still trying to get me inside...
DSC01841_edited.JPG
DSC01843_edited.JPG
DSC01844_edited.JPG

Last edited:
Looking great!

Never have figured out why folks don't have more sheet metal parts made by their local sheet metal shops.

I spent $230 and had parts made to replace the center channel, rear sill, quarter panels, cargo floor, drivers floor pan rocker panels, and blah blah blah....

Decided on a color yet?

The guys at the local metal shop are great, after 2-3 times seeing my face they are all really into my project. Not to mention the 3000% savings you get by doing a little leg work..

Im not set on the color yet, although I did contact another mudd member(Nick) about the color he chose to see if he would mind If there were 2 Arles Blue cruisers on the planet.

Last edited:
Some more progress

Just sprayed bedliner, and some epoxy primer on the bare metal tub. Some of the welds required a little filler to make them look better, over all I must say Im very happy with the way its coming out we didnt use much filler at all and it looks 100 times better than it did before..

I also decided to make my own body mounts, these are less than 1 inch spacers im going to use as a very minor body lift. Im going to use blue bushings in the shackles so I tried to paont them blue as well, not sure if im going to leave them blue or just paint them black and call it a day...
DSC01950_edited.JPG
DSC01961_edited.JPG
DSC01963_edited.JPG

Cruiser depression

You've come a long way from tractor to this sweet Cruiser. Real nice work.

Thanks, I need as much encouragement as I can get, I need a bunch of parts and Im out of money... I should start a donation thread...

Finally got her some color

It feels so good to get some paint on her.. Now begins the re-assembly.. I went with toyota beige #464, when I sanded off the original paint it was either dune beige or beige, and I liked beige more so thats what I went with. Im not done yet, there are some runs so we are going to wet sand and put a few more coats on, there are 3 coats already, not sure how exactly to fix the runs yet but I will be reading alot tonight. Also, Im going to re-spray the bedliner when the paint is complete..
p1.JPG
untitled.JPG
p3.JPG

Last edited:
looking good, one of my fav colors!

I have a place in Murphy not to far from you

It looking great... Keep up the good work!

I love to see people do EVERYTHING themselves.

looking good, one of my fav colors!

I have a place in Murphy not to far from you

Cool, I have family in Deltona, and a bunch of friends in Orlando. Stop by and check out the build one of these days.. At first I was going to use a non stock color, but Im happy I changed my mind..

Brian

It looking great... Keep up the good work!

I love to see people do EVERYTHING themselves.

If I were rich I would still do most the work, but painting I will leave to the pro's, If I were rich that is, until then my garage is my paint booth..

More Pics:
p4.JPG
p5.JPG
p6.JPG

Last edited:
So no go on the Arles Blue, it still looks great! The real fun begins when you start putting her back together.

I literally changed my mind at the counter while I was looking up arles blue, It was a tough call because your cruiser looks awesome, but I really like the way its coming out with the beige..

Dude, That's awesome! I have a 76 FJ "project" that has sat for years! Thanks for the motivation to get me back on it! It really takes a lot of dedication ( & $$$) to stick with it, Great work! Can't wait to see the final product!

Nicely Done...... Post up more info and pics on that body lift...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom