MUCH cheaper OEM vacuum hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I 1st saw this mentioned by Dan. But the OEM vac hose(3mm I think) is most often found in a 1 meter length(900mm) for about $10.

But if you order 90999-92003, you get 600mm for retail of $1.83!!!!! I got 6000mm for $14 :D

John

Last edited:
I have no clue. You migh thave some lines that need to use the longer 900mm hose.

another interesting fact. If you look up the part # for each hose, the last 2 digits of the part # is the length you need to cut the hose. so if the part # is XXXXX-XXX30, it would be a 30mm hose.

PabloCruise said:
How much do I need to re-do my '78 federal spec FJ40?

yeah.....I cant spell ;)

and done :)

John

PabloCruise said:
Thanks alot for this Pimp!

BTW, I could not find this post when I wanted to find it again - you may want to change the spelling in the title to "vacuum"...

So what is special about these lines that a standard vac line from the big rolls at Napa wouldn't work? Serious question, not trying to redicule you.

Nate - There is nothing wrong with the Napa hose except that it's not Toyota. For the purist, everything should remain Toyota. Mr. Land Pimp is a purist's purist.

CRZRJames said:
Nate - There is nothing wrong with the Napa hose except that it's not Toyota. For the purist, everything should remain Toyota. Mr. Land Pimp is a purist's purist.

Actually there is a problem with the NAPA stuff - It's not metric and doesn't fit right.

exactly

Trevor said:
Actually there is a problem with the NAPA stuff - It's not metric and doesn't fit right.

Pimp,

What is the part number for the 6000mm roll please?

Dave

I ordered 10 bags of the 600mm to get 6000mm.

90999-92003, you get 600mm for retail of $1.83

as i mentioned, there are a few lines longer than 600mm I beleive, so you might need the $10 bags :( or splice

beanz2 said:
Pimp,

What is the part number for the 6000mm roll please?

Dave

yeah Al( my parts guy) warned me about that(if I said something) thats why I ordered a bit extra ;)

rather it go to Cruiserheads though :)

Chef said:
Pimp;
Great, now there's gonna be a run on vacuum hose:(

That's great info, thanks!

Trevor said:

I am guessing this could be one reason my throttle position solenoid is not getting the vac it needs to pull off?

(grumbling as I pull off NAPA vac hose...)

Funny enough I just bought 32786 mm more or less, from CDan.

Trevor said:

AND it cooks to brittleness in what...a few years, while the Toyota OEM hose lasts easily 10 or more years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom