Builds Moonshine - A Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

He has a hatch that opens from the bottom
And a grapple gun just in case! Like Luke Skywalker getting into the AT-AT on Hoth! hahahahaha ok nerd moment right there.

The white looked better IMO.... But it's plasti-dip so that's cool

I'm interested to see how the 4bt will react to larger tires. Keep an eye on mpg, egt and if the engine is turning enough rpm to comfortably put it in 5th gear.

Jeeez, that's awesome!
The rear quarter cut is a must, and i actually think that it enhances the look, not just a practically mod. Let us know how the dip holds up, looks good!
(coming from a dip-hater)

Completely agreed. 60s look way better with cut quarters.

The white looked better IMO.... But it's plasti-dip so that's cool

That's why I used plasti-dip. I'm not sure if I want to keep it yet. It is growing on me, just not sure if it's going to be permanent yet.

To each their own on colors. I'd checker flag that monster just for fun... HA! I like it Johnny!

J

Thanks J:D

Way to copy my two tone idea you jackwagon. Looking forward tp seeing this next week.

:lol: You have a different "two tone" color scheme though. Mine is top/bottom, yours is front/back. I still think your truck should be 100% white.

I'm interested to see how the 4bt will react to larger tires. Keep an eye on mpg, egt and if the engine is turning enough rpm to comfortably put it in 5th gear.

These are offroad only tires. They might see 100 total miles of pavement in the next year. Not concerned about gearing.

Cut into the driver side today. Got everything prepped and the patch panel made up so that I'm ready to weld tomorrow. Spent some time to get a couple of other things tied up instead of welding.

IMAG1468.jpg

IMAG1474.jpg

IMAG1477_BURST001.jpg

It's been almost two whole years driving around with a hoodie stuffed in this stupid transfer shifter hole. Now I've got a proper cover for it instead.

IMAG1476.jpg

Laura finished up the tarp rehab so she cleaned out the trailer, test fit the new air mattress and we put the tarp on. It will be much, much more comfortable than sleeping in the back of the truck.

IMAG1470.jpg

IMAG1471.jpg

IMAG1472.jpg

IMAG1473.jpg

Moonshine looks so cool but I wonder how you climb in the Beast

I actually have a little rope ladder that rolls out after I open the door. It's like a little workout every time I get in!

Seriously though, with my street 37s, its not any more difficult to jump into than a 4wd superduty with a leveling kit.

With all the rust I found on the PS yesterday.. I am contemplating this mod. I have awhile before I have to make up my mind though. Thanks for the inspiration Johnny.

J

As @TLC Norway said above, I think it makes the body look better. I'd recommend doing this even if you didn't have rust (like me).

So what's left on the to-do list? When are you planning on getting to the campground?

Good question!

Got the DS done today, including a strip of black on the hood and on the tailgate. Took her for a spin to get fuel and a wash in prep for the trip. Now all I've got to do are put on the new driveshafts, which SHOULD be done tomorrow first thing. She looks mean!

IMAG1478.jpg

This is how the pros fit up filler panels, right?

IMAG1479.jpg

IMAG1481.jpg

IMAG1483_BURST006.jpg

PS looked like s*** compared to how the DS came out. Ground the paint off and did some filling.

IMAG1484.jpg

IMAG1485.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm digging this black. She looks MEAN.

IMAG1486.jpg

IMAG1487.jpg

IMAG1489.jpg

Y'all might get a pic or two of the new driveshafts tomorrow, but after that, you'll have to wait till next week. Good news is that I'll have some serious action shots next weekend :D

Good question!

Got the DS done today, including a strip of black on the hood and on the tailgate. Took her for a spin to get fuel and a wash in prep for the trip. Now all I've got to do are put on the new driveshafts, which SHOULD be done tomorrow first thing. She looks mean!

IMAG1478.jpg

This is how the pros fit up filler panels, right?

IMAG1479.jpg

IMAG1481.jpg

IMAG1483_BURST006.jpg

PS looked like **** compared to how the DS came out. Ground the paint off and did some filling.

IMAG1484.jpg

IMAG1485.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm digging this black. She looks MEAN.

IMAG1486.jpg

IMAG1487.jpg

IMAG1489.jpg

Y'all might get a pic or two of the new driveshafts tomorrow, but after that, you'll have to wait till next week. Good news is that I'll have some serious action shots next weekend :D

Can't wait to see Moonshine flexed out on the trail.

Damn fine rig Johnny

J

I can't wait for pictures of next weekend lol! That things is fawking shweet!

she looks mean in a good way. Makes my rig look like her b*tch.

EDIT: had to censor for the sensitive reader

Thanks Gents

When are you planning on getting to the campground?

Forgot to answer this earlier. Will be leaving RDU at 8. Takes about 8 hours. Should be there before you're done with the trails for the day, likely 5pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom