Builds Moonshine - A Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love parking in the alternative fuel spots at work. Gotta love biodiesel!!

IMAG1214.jpg

I love it. I can just imagine the people you park next getting their panties in a twist! Lol

...via IH8MUD app

Did you do a repaint with a course top coat? From your video the paint looks rough, almost like a Rhino liner or something. 0.o

Yes sir. When I did the body swap in 2012 we painted the whole exterior with tintable Raptor Liner. I tinted it with 033 white (Moonshine's factory color) and went at it. Came out great :D

Another driving video, from my perspective this time. Should be able to see the boost/pry/egt/tach in this position.

Johnny is your EGT gauge on the fritz or is it my video quality on the IBM??

Sounds pretty sweeeeeet!

J

The pyrometer has been intermittent, but until this weekend, it didn't work at all. The pyrometer started working more consistently Sunday and today.

Awesome, like big 'ol titties. The helmet cam view is a nice touch.

:D I love it.

The pyrometer has been intermittent, but until this weekend, it didn't work at all. The pyrometer started working more consistently Sunday and today.

If I ever pull the trigger on the complete SpeedHut gauges, My current EGT will be yours for cheap..

J

If I ever pull the trigger on the complete SpeedHut gauges, My current EGT will be yours for cheap..

J

Thanks J! For whatever reason my pyro is now working consistently, so I'll stick with it.

So when I put my brakes in I neglected to think about the shock location :doh:. Looks like they'll need to be moved.

Going to run some TG shock hoops and likely some shock-mounted bumpstops to keep things nice and compact. There isn't a ton of room on the axle outside of the spring perches for brake lines, a shock mount and a bumpstop/bumpcan.

https://www.trail-gear.com/TG/Universal_Shock_Hoop_Kit/i_0_0_/_110164-1-KIT.aspx

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Eibach-Micro-Cellular-Foam-Shaft-Bump-Stop-p-1354.html

IMAG1217.jpg

IMAG1218.jpg

I still haven't flexed mine enough to see where to put my bumpstops.

GLTHFJ60, Do you mind sharing your contact or how you went about getting the "Super" HX30W. Thanks for all the posts and sharing your project. It comes up quite alot when I am searching for anything 4bt or FJ60

GLTHFJ60, Do you mind sharing your contact or how you went about getting the "Super" HX30W. Thanks for all the posts and sharing your project. It comes up quite alot when I am searching for anything 4bt or FJ60

Sure thing! The guy's username is Alcaid and he frequents the 4BTSwaps.com forum. Send me a PM and I can give you his email address in private.

Have the D60 3.73 gears, carrier and rebuild kit in my house now, and have material for shock towers, just need to find time to put it all in. Took yesterday afternoon and today to collect some scrap from buddies and bring it all to the yard. Truck, trailer and load tipped the scales at 9200# without my fat ass. Unloaded and came out with truck, trailer and a set of FJ60 rims with tires at 7520#. Trailer weighs ~1400# empty, so Moonshine, with 3/4 tank of fuel, without me, weighs a shade over 6000#.

IMAG1286.jpg

IMAG1285.jpg

Scrap_Receipt.jpg

Crossmember isn't doing so hot. I need to move the rear bumper construction up the list a bit!

IMAG1296.jpg

Have the D60 3.73 gears, carrier and rebuild kit in my house now, and have material for shock towers, just need to find time to put it all in. Took yesterday afternoon and today to collect some scrap from buddies and bring it all to the yard. Truck, trailer and load tipped the scales at 9200# without my fat ass. Unloaded and came out with truck, trailer and a set of FJ60 rims with tires at 7520#. Trailer weighs ~1400# empty, so Moonshine, with 3/4 tank of fuel, without me, weighs a shade over 6000#.

IMAG1286.jpg

IMAG1285.jpg

Scrap_Receipt.jpg

Crossmember isn't doing so hot. I need to move the rear bumper construction up the list a bit!

IMAG1296.jpg

That sounds about right. Mine is at 6000# as well. I figured yours might be heavier because of the bigger axles.

Adjusted smoke screw to flush and retarded the static timing back to where I think was stock. Long story short, I bumped the static timing by maybe 1/8" thinking it would help with top end power last time I installed the IP, 1.5 years ago. Through reading (and learning) a ton of 4BTSwaps, I decided I wanted to go back to stock. While conditions are not identical, there's a fairly long hill that I could hit in 3rd gear and get up to ~1150* on the pyro. This morning, I couldn't get it up above 1000*, but I did reach 29 psi :D

I'll repeat the test a couple more times over the next couple of days to see if the timing / smoke screw changes actually helped. Hopefully it'll have helped the hunting idle problem I have too. If EGTs consistently seem cooler over the next couple of days, I'll be turning in the full power screw some more :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom