Monstaliner Bedliner (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've decided to coat the under side of the floor pan, with Monstaliner. My question, has anybody sprayed it on, instead of rolling. Too many tight spots to roll. It's a FJ55 body.

Thanks in advance, Ron

I've decided to coat the under side of the floor pan, with Monstaliner. My question, has anybody sprayed it on, instead of rolling. Too many tight spots to roll. It's a FJ55 body.

Thanks in advance, Ron

What do you want to know about spraying ML?

If anybody has used that method and how it turned out. The Man. does call it a roll on. It says for spraying, to thin with MEK, but I didn't want to be the first, to test it.

Thanks, Ron

If anybody has used that method and how it turned out. The Man. does call it a roll on. It says for spraying, to thin with MEK, but I didn't want to be the first, to test it.

Thanks, Ron

These are sprayed jobs

429290_272074676192352_113295005403654_703532_1621300981_n.jpg

458900_303138679752618_113295005403654_771428_328181998_o.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

Thanks Magnetman,

Glad to see somebody has tried spraying. When I get ready for it, do I just get ahold of you for an order.

Thanks,

Question, does anyone know how much product is needed, to do the floorpan of a FJ55. I'm planning on doing inside and out.

Just ordered a gal of medium quartz gray for some storage units which are wood and will be primed, as recommended, before coating with Monstaliner.

Does this material cover better when rolled or when sprayed ?

I do have a Shutz gun and MEK in stock.

sound deadening

will it work as sound deadening? also will it stick to aluminum and fiberglass? my engine hood is fiber glass and i step on it a lot. see picture below i want to use it as sound deadening for the "camper" wall of my rig and bed liner under the floor (storage space).:cheers:

very helpful thread
cabinnulla.jpg

Smooth finish possible?

Was wondering about the possibility of a smooth finish or the smoothest possible for the monstaliner. Would a roller with a smaller cell foam surface be able to apply the product?

Thanks

Woodsman said:
Just ordered a gal of medium quartz gray for some storage units which are wood and will be primed, as recommended, before coating with Monstaliner.

Does this material cover better when rolled or when sprayed ?

I do have a Shutz gun and MEK in stock.

Did anyone get back to you on whether to roll or spray the liner on? I am trying to figure out the best way to finish of my fj40 tub as well

I've been thinking about removing the carpet in my 80 and using monstaliner. How is it at noise reduction and insulation? Can "micro-spheres" or a similar material be added to improve these aspects? Can it go on over a sound dampening material?

Thanks

Magnetman,
Just read the Service Temperature specs and your catalog states -20F to 122F for monstaliner. I was planning to use a liner product on both the underside and top side of the cab floor on my fj45 but 122F seems like it will easily be exceeded by exhaust, transmission and engine heat. I commonly gets 100+ in the summer where I live and the floorboards can get so hot they will burn bare skin.

My novice understanding of 'service temp' is the temperature range the product should be used in once applied and fully cured. Is this correct?

What sort of results can I expect if this upper limt is exceeded?

I just bought a texture spray gun from harbor freight to spray the underside of the tub. I have read about the use o these on jeep and other forums. Does anyone have any experience?

I'll post pictures when done. I figure that I can decide how much I like the roller and spray method and decide from there what to use on the inside topside of tub.

Magnetman= i mailed you some of my doubts about the possibility of importing monstaliner are shipping it i'm in need of it badly bro please chk the possibility of it and let me know. thanks in advance.

I went ahead and ordered the one gallon kit, small roller kit and a quart of chassis saver for my interior tub. I surfed online and found a promo code on Pirate4x4 for a free quart of chassis saver and free shipping. FREECSQ and FREESHIP will get you the same deal. Everything I have researched about Monstaliner is getting me motivated to lay it down. Thanks everyone for the great info in this thread and thanks Magnetman for the great deal!!!

The 60's stool looking good!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom