Monstaliner Bedliner (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I sprayed my underside of my tub and rolled the inside. Im very happy, but a gallon was just barely enough for me.

Looks good and the color looks like a good match.

You did the underside and the inside with one gallon? If so, it seems to me it went a long ways.

Any comments on spraying vs. rolling especially in how the texture might be different between the two?

I sprayed the underside with a gallon and wasnt able to get full coverage. I bought two more gallons. I used another half gallon to do the fenders and finish the coating underneath. I used the other half (rolled) to do the inside of my roof cap in white.

After learning some lessons, I rolled the inside because the product went a lot further that way and i liked the texture.

I had the pigment identical to my paint mixed up at a paint shop.

Mines blue not brown ;)

Great information here... I am planning on using this on my FJ60 and hoping to mimic a similar two tone as seen on the FJ62s. This will be a summer project though as I have some rust to take care of first.

I was wondering about using a different open cell roller so grab a smoother finish but it seems as long as I don't hit it more than once I should get a pretty consistent, orange peel like texture.

It's hard to roll it on thick enough with one coat.

I rolled mine and after the second coat, didn't re-roll as recommend and the texture is pretty smooth (dimpled but smooth). I can easily work around the surface and not destroy my hands.

I rolled mine and after the second coat, didn't re-roll as recommend and the texture is pretty smooth (dimpled but smooth). I can easily work around the surface and not destroy my hands.

Any chance you could take some close, far away, and angled pics for me and post here?!

Any chance you could take some close, far away, and angled pics for me and post here?!

Ditto. I want to achieve that two tone paint scheme with the monstaliner but want to try and make it as smooth as possible.

FF347 - take a look in my thread about ALT Paint Jobs in the 60 forum. I found that the Light Quartz Gray and Pyroclastic really were the closest to that combination and have a good tonal offset/contrast.

Magnetman,
Just read the Service Temperature specs and your catalog states -20F to 122F for monstaliner. I was planning to use a liner product on both the underside and top side of the cab floor on my fj45 but 122F seems like it will easily be exceeded by exhaust, transmission and engine heat. I commonly gets 100+ in the summer where I live and the floorboards can get so hot they will burn bare skin.

My novice understanding of 'service temp' is the temperature range the product should be used in once applied and fully cured. Is this correct?

What sort of results can I expect if this upper limt is exceeded?

Was this ever answered or addressed? Living in Texas I am sure the body panels of my truck exceed 150 degrees though out the summer. I would love more of a explanation of exactly what the service temp is. Thanks.

Was this ever answered or addressed? Living in Texas I am sure the body panels of my truck exceed 150 degrees though out the summer. I would love more of a explanation of exactly what the service temp is. Thanks.

That 122F was a mistake back in the early days of writing literature

We've tested ML in ovens and with blow torches on back of coated steel panels past 200 F with no problems. Coating softens slightly past 190F and returns to normal on cooling

DSC_0236.JPG

DSC_0234.JPG

M1060004.JPG

That 122F was a mistake back in the early days of writing literature

We've tested ML in ovens and with blow torches on back of coated steel panels past 200 F with no problems. Coating softens slightly past 190F and returns to normal on cooling

Great, thanks!

lol, hard to argue that :)

BTW, summer time heat in Vegas gets to 115 easily sometimes. The monstaliner on my hood has not been affected at all by the sun or engine temps.

awesome :)

For a jeep ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom