Miramar motorsports in San Diego (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pretty sure a few folks on GXOR got rigs there. Seems priced right if they are true to the ads.

i bought my stock gx from them back in november '18... i didn't have any problems with the transaction. they don't negotiate, basically priced as you see it.

personally, i liked the guys... i think it's a family run business amongst 2-3 brothers. i also would argue that the prices are a little high, but they have a good assortment...

I bought a wrx there 5 or so years ago, same deal with no negotiating then. The car was bone stock/super clean and the brother's were awesome to work with. Definitely one of the better buying experiences I've had at a dealer.

I just purchased my GX from them. By the time you account for the mods, labor, and quality of the trucks they sell, it's a decent deal. They were straightforward, no need for price haggling. The only time they run into issues is when people want to finance and have very little $ as a down payment. This is because banks don't want to hand out a 5-year loan for a 10+ year old car and small down payment. If you can, keep it simple and just pay cash.

Yea are any of you guys close to them? I would have to ship it home. I was negotiating a local truck today but someone bought it before I could get a deal done

I work up in Miramar... I'd be glad to take a look at one for ya.

Thanks. Looks like 1500-2000 to ship so I will need to find one that works money wise.

You'll thank yourself for buying a California truck. Rust is damn near the only thing that can kill these GXs.

Has anyone on here done business with these guys? They have a ton of gx470's with OME lifts and trd wheels

www.mmsportinc.com
I purchased my lx470 from them in september and have been really happy with it. I probably paid 1 or 2 thousand more than a comparable ebay or craigslist car but it everything was really clean and ready to go. The only 2 problems they overlooked was a bad lightbulb and the battery in the key, but other then that it has been perfect.

IMG_20181223_133113.jpg

IMG_20190106_131055.jpg

I bought my GX from them as well. Flew down, they picked me up from the airport and I got a good 25 minutes of seat time. They’re awesome guys.
I drove it home to Portland. Zero issues and going from a 3rd gen 4Runner to this is amazing.
Ali, Mike and Ray and good guys. Good luck!

This is more my fault than theirs. I found a car online that I wanted. They agreed to hold the car until 11am. I hit traffic on the way down (they are 90 miles away.) I am 5 minutes away from their shop at 11:15am when they called my cell to say, “sorry you are late; the car is sold.” If you find a car you like, put down a deposit. I bought the same LC2013 four weeks later someplace else.

Yeah, this is no criticism of you @LongBoard but I put down a deposit with them and they held a car for me for two weeks.

This is more my fault than theirs. I found a car online that I wanted. They agreed to hold the car until 11am. I hit traffic on the way down (they are 90 miles away.) I am 5 minutes away from their shop at 11:15am when they called my cell to say, “sorry you are late; the car is sold.” If you find a car you like, put down a deposit. I bought the same LC2013 four weeks later someplace else.

I like these guys. I was in town for business and will be moving to Southern Arizona in a couple of months. I told them I was a few months away from buying and considering 100 series, 200 series and both flavors of the GX. Knowing I wasn’t a buyer for at least a few months they still let me crawl all over them inside and out and test drive several.

I asked a lot of questions and it seemed like they knew their stuff. They get nearly all their trucks from trade ins at a local Lexus dealer. The dealer apparently doesn’t want to deal with anything other than new or CPO. Miramar says they have a deal to get first crack at all trade ins the dealer doesn’t want to keep for CPO.

As others mentioned they are a bit of a premium, but you could argue that premium is paying for the guaranteed rust free AND the labor to have the upgrades installed. Discounting the cost of the mods, they aren’t much more expensive than a similar mile/year rust free truck you’ll find elsewhere.

I also asked them if they would configure a truck with specific things in mine - like you want a different suspension, specific roof rack, etc. They said they would work with me on that if I wanted.

While I like them, I’m not looking for a daily driver. I could probably save a decent amount of money going for a higher mileage truck and doing things myself over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom