metaltech finished (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
got er done, it aint no moose bumper, but its sweet

:cheers:

Last edited:
im looking at fenders or both if i can sweet talk the wife

Always remember

Just remember the old saying.

"It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission"

Looks good,

I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!

J.R.

Looks really sharp. I've been thinking of building one very similar for my 40 for a while now. Once the shop's built.......who knows.

looks great, i have marks nose gaurd and was thinking about the stinger. i may have to add that to mine also.

is that the man-a-fre bumper too because thats the one i am running and it looks just like it?

nice job!

Looks good man Nice work!

lone gunman said:
looks great, i have marks nose gaurd and was thinking about the stinger. i may have to add that to mine also.

is that the man-a-fre bumper too because thats the one i am running and it looks just like it?

nice job!

just made that bumper up, youll cry when i tell you how cheap it was compared to man a fre. should told me i could have built you a bumper just lik it :doh:

yeah your right i dont want to know how much, as always a day late and a dollar short. :doh: THANKS

hey cam, what size tubing is that? i wanna give it a try but the only die available to me is a 1.75 and i don't know how big it should be. yours looks just right.

yes i believe it is 1.75. its just the right size

missipboy said:
hey cam, what size tubing is that? i wanna give it a try but the only die available to me is a 1.75 and i don't know how big it should be. yours looks just right.

The Nose Guard and Stinger is 2" o.d. .120 wall tube and the supports for the singer are I think ..120 wall but they are 1.5" o.d. tube.

Looks good. I am thinking of doing the same. Wondering how you mounted it? did you weld directly to the frame? I am thinking of doing the same but using a big plate and mounting my winch, etc. on top of the plate and welding to that plate insead of the frame rail. If you have more pics, post em....

Noah

1973Guppie said:
Looks good. I am thinking of doing the same. Wondering how you mounted it? did you weld directly to the frame? I am thinking of doing the same but using a big plate and mounting my winch, etc. on top of the plate and welding to that plate insead of the frame rail. If you have more pics, post em....

Noah

The full plate is how I did it on my truck. Its always nice to set it all up so you can remove it easily if you want. (Get to the radiator, pull the motor etc.) If you look close on the web site showing the Stingers, I use a chunk of 2x3 3/16” angle iron for stinger mounts. Run the 2” on top of the bumper and the 3” on the face. Makes nice pads and you can bolt them on.

Cam great job on your set up! Looks outstanding, I will have to search some for more on your truck.

Mark

i used cool cruisers winch mounting plate and welded my nose gaurd to it, worked great and like mark said (helocat) use plates for the stinger and it would all be removeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom