Massive Metal Shop - New 100 series parts! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed mine and love it!!.. Vouch for @reznunt .Meet up with him and cool guy to deal with it.

One for bumper or sans bumper too.

The factory socket is bolted to the factory tow hitch, correct? My cruiser didn't have the tow hitch so I don't know. I just had a dangling plug from the controller.

Where do you guys want to move it to?

The factory socket is bolted to the factory tow hitch, correct? My cruiser didn't have the tow hitch so I don't know. I just had a dangling plug from the controller.

Where do you guys want to move it to?

Correct, a 4-plug just to the left of the tow hitch.

IDK where the best placement is, but maybe others have an idea. Hopefully a 7 pin that would still yield good ground clearance. (Ya, I know - with a tow hitch - no clue why I typed bumper.)

Correct, a 4-plug just to the left of the tow hitch.

IDK where the best placement is, but maybe others have an idea. Hopefully a 7 pin that would still yield good ground clearance. (Ya, I know - with a tow hitch - no clue why I typed bumper.)

Okay, I see, thanks. So this is for those that have removed the factory tow hitch to install a bumper with an integrated hitch and need a new place to bolt the connector/socket.

Or a bracket for those of us with the factory bumper and tow hitch and want/need a 7-pin receptacle for a harness that has decent ground clearance. Maybe something that requires a hole in the tupperware and metal of the bumper or something underneath or on the side of the side tow hitch rails that attach to the frame. LMK if any of that makes sense - happy to post a photo of possible locations.

Or a bracket for those of us with the factory bumper and tow hitch and want/need a 7-pin receptacle for a harness that has decent ground clearance. Maybe something that requires a hole in the tupperware and metal of the bumper or something underneath or on the side of the side tow hitch rails that attach to the frame. LMK if any of that makes sense - happy to post a photo of possible locations.

I see. Any of those spots are doable... just depends on what everyone wants. Not sure how many people are willing/able to cut the bumper? Think we need more input from others that are interested.

I have my 7-pin/4-pin socket installed way up in the factory spare location on the 4x4labs bumper crossmember and it's pointed straight down.

I have my 7-pin/4-pin socket installed way up in the factory spare location on the 4x4labs bumper crossmember and it's pointed straight down.

This would be great if doable.

I see. Any of those spots are doable... just depends on what everyone wants. Not sure how many people are willing/able to cut the bumper? Think we need more input from others that are interested.

over on the Tacomaworld forum there's a guy from Hawaii who makes an L- shaped bracket that basically attaches to the bumper support but its parallel to the ground so that its out of the way for people that offroad or don't want it seen.
this one is similar to it but these are specific to Tacomas.

over on the Tacomaworld forum there's a guy from Hawaii who makes an L- shaped bracket that basically attaches to the bumper support but its parallel to the ground so that its out of the way for people that offroad or don't want it seen.

View attachment 1985009
Exactly. This is what I am thinking.

This would be great if doable.

View attachment 1985009

Exactly. This is what I am thinking.

That's exactly how I have mine now. I have a Hopkins 7-pin socket that came with an L-bracket. I just plug welded that bracket to the labs replacement cross member and it points down.

So a factory 4-pin socket relocation bracket that moves it from the factory tow hitch to a hidden or high clearance location that's up and underneath is what you guys are looking for? Sorry if I'm slow haha... seems like there are a few different but similar requests. I'd need a 100 series in Socal with a stock tow hitch with 4-pin socket to get started. I'm assuming everyone wants a bolt on solution so hopefully there's something there to work with.

What about frame mounts specially for KC cyclone LEDs as rock lights? Also mounts so the lights could be mounted under the hood.

What about frame mounts specially for KC cyclone LEDs as rock lights? Also mounts so the lights could be mounted under the hood. View attachment 1993879

Thanks for the input! This seems like a neat little project. How many rock lights do you guys usually run? I have 8 but these are probably brighter than the import lights.

Thanks for the input! This seems like a neat little project. How many rock lights do you guys usually run? I have 8 but these are probably brighter than the import lights.
4 lights total (2 on each side) would put off a ton of light... they are about 500 lumens/light in a nice broad flood pattern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom