Massive Metal Shop - New 100 series parts! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just saw this thread for the first time today, haven't bought anything. I broke my spoiler offroading though, so I've been looking for something to do with the old mounting points and this seems like a pretty versatile way to attach just about anything.

I'd prefer carriage bolts not just because only a single tool is needed, but also because of how much more flush the bolt head would be. Would you mind sending me the slot dims? I'll see what I can find.

Awesome man, thanks for helping others out on here. PM'd

Certain underhood mounting brackets are already on my list. I'll have more info on this once I get going on it.

Been trying to finalize the 80 series accessory mount kits before I move onto the next project.

View attachment 1995391

I’ll buy the first one, seriously this is holding up a lot of things. I’m going to have to hack something in soon.

Those PAM kits are huge in the Tacoma world, I would love to find one for the 100 series. Something like the 3TPAM

Those PAM kits are huge in the Tacoma world, I would love to find one for the 100 series. Something like the 3TPAM

I've never heard of these. But now I have to have one. Let's (I mean it's just you, I'm useless) get it done, @reznunt! :steer:

That's slick. If somehow they could make it 100% bolt on though. They have any interest in adapting it to our platform?

I just asked them and they said they are considering it. I'll make a poll here to gauge interest unless you want to design and manufacture them, and they I won't do crap.

I’ll buy the first one, seriously this is holding up a lot of things. I’m going to have to hack something in soon.

If you do, I'd leave some service loops for some slack to move components around easier later on.

Looks slick. You guys know of any offerings available that don't require drilling? A good portion of 100 owners probably don't want to drill into their dash.

I just asked them and they said they are considering it. I'll make a poll here to gauge interest unless you want to design and manufacture them, and they I won't do crap.

Nah, I don't mind at all. Seems like they would be able to get it to market much faster than I could anyway.

Sorry for the hiatus! Boring work always gets in the way of fun work.

Use code BF19 for 15% off and free Priority shipping on Massive Light/Accessory mount kits at massivemetalshop.com from now through Monday, Dec. 2!

Do you know which antenna mount I'd need (if either) for a VHF/UHF antenna like the Comet CA-2X4SR?

One more question, would the 1/2'' CB mount you have listed work with this cable (for the non-NMO antenna) Amazon product ASIN B00SS4Q5Z4 ?

Probably not since it's a SO239. It would need a 5/8" hole. I don't think it's the same as a regular SO239/CB stud which requires a 1/2" hole.

If you need a 5/8" hole you can always get the 1/2" bracket and use a step bit to bore it out an 1/8".

Sorry for the hiatus! Boring work always gets in the way of fun work.

Use code BF19 for 15% off and free Priority shipping on Massive Light/Accessory mount kits at massivemetalshop.com from now through Monday, Dec. 2!
Will the antenna mounts hold much weight? Looking to build some thing so I can roll on/off a 14' ladder (maybe 70 lbs) . I've already broken the spoiler, and cracked my upper tail light. Planning on using 1" pipe with pvc sleeve (roller) - this mount would save me a lot of time trying to machine/build a mount.

EDIT: I think if I mount them backwards, they will work and put the weight on top rather than pulling down. Too late for the sale?
PM me, thanks,
Kevin.

Last edited:
Will the antenna mounts hold much weight? Looking to build some thing so I can roll on/off a 14' ladder (maybe 70 lbs) . I've already broken the spoiler, and cracked my upper tail light. Planning on using 1" pipe with pvc sleeve (roller) - this mount would save me a lot of time trying to machine/build a mount.

EDIT: I think if I mount them backwards, they will work and put the weight on top rather than pulling down. Too late for the sale?
PM me, thanks,
Kevin.

If I had to guess I would say it wouldn't work. They may support the downward force if you box the setup tying it all together at the hood line, but I could see it racking if there is any shear load. It'll definitely rack if you extend the roller up to your roof line unless you triangluate it somehow as well as tie it into your roof rack.

Backwards mounting may or may not work. I haven't tried this. There is a relief cut in the mount to accommodate the curve in the hood line where the mount sits.

Last edited:
Probably not since it's a SO239. It would need a 5/8" hole. I don't think it's the same as a regular SO239/CB stud which requires a 1/2" hole.

If you need a 5/8" hole you can always get the 1/2" bracket and use a step bit to bore it out an 1/8".
Makes sense, thank you again. When I can afford it I'll probably go with the NMO then, sounds pretty straightforward :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom