Marilee’s Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome to Mud. Congrats on the new 95.
any sweet new treasures found in the cleansing process?

you should be in good hands for paint.... once you get there. I imagine you could sweet talk him in to one of those grills too ;)

The surfacing tool you landed with is one of the better tools I’d imagine. And maybe ask if a high build primer won’t cover those scratches. Might just have to find the magic combo of grit and supplementary detail tools..... oh and patience. @GLTHFJ60 just went through a similar process for raptor liner I believe. Maybe he could shed some light.

only other idea would be a wet sandblaster but not sure it will tackle the lining? Plus you need some room to make a mess

Now kelly Saad has to build me new grille and headlight housings!
EBB4DA4E-2985-4385-8275-49CC977F77A5.jpeg

Hey girl your kicking butt, congrats on the cruiser project. Do you miss seeing princess in your driveway hehe 😖
Trace

Hey girl your kicking butt, congrats on the cruiser project. Do you miss seeing princess in your driveway hehe 😖
Trace

Hey Trace! Thanks!!!! I am learning a lot and it's really hard work but fun! I just saw Princess down at Kelly's shop today!

That Eastwood SCT is great ! ! Heavy and somewhat awkward though. I wish I had all of the drums for mine.

Serial labor of love going on there. :cheers: Cleaning up nicely.

You've made an impressive amount of progress here. Thanks for sharing the photos, this thread is bound to be helpful for others looking to remove bedliner in the future.

Wow!

-Props for even attempting this yourself - I’d have just found a local running his own business with this gear :

Up here you can’t swing a cat without finding an independent owner/operator & I’ve seen the results on a Chevelle that was just getting new rockers & quarterpanels as needed, then blend all the new metal before respray in same color (survivor 454 car, not getting a full rebuild).

Owner tarped the roof/glass/hood, duct taped the trunk gap & pulled RR bumper/lights (later model, round lights in bumper).

Dustless was there right at 2hrs he said, from driving in & seeing exactly what was wanted to driving away paid.

Just saying, some of those guys are alot cheaper than you might think, and run a wide range of media.
——————————————

Bummer someone linered what looks like a Nightshadow 80 from the jambs - I secretly hope you decide to back but if you don’t, I hope you spray the jambs & doors where you see the blue.

Incomplete color changes are odd, but if you do all but the engine bay are nice.

——— You have more stones than me attacking liner with handtools ;) :cool: ;) - but I do expect as values climb we’ll see more people doing the un-linering.

Quite alot of sweat equity on your part, haha!

Should be cool to see whatever color you back with!

You've made an impressive amount of progress here. Thanks for sharing the photos, this thread is bound to be helpful for others looking to remove bedliner in the future.
Or as a lesson on why you don't want to use bedliner. I think I'll show this thread to my :princess:. She likes the bedliner look (well to be honest, I do too) but after seeing what it takes to remove it in case of maintenance, its not worth it. o_O

You're doing great! That's going to be a rig to be proud of when you're finished.

Wow!

-Props for even attempting this yourself - I’d have just found a local running his own business with this gear :

Up here you can’t swing a cat without finding an independent owner/operator & I’ve seen the results on a Chevelle that was just getting new rockers & quarterpanels as needed, then blend all the new metal before respray in same color (survivor 454 car, not getting a full rebuild).

Owner tarped the roof/glass/hood, duct taped the trunk gap & pulled RR bumper/lights (later model, round lights in bumper).

Dustless was there right at 2hrs he said, from driving in & seeing exactly what was wanted to driving away paid.

Just saying, some of those guys are alot cheaper than you might think, and run a wide range of media.
——————————————

Bummer someone linered what looks like a Nightshadow 80 from the jambs - I secretly hope you decide to back but if you don’t, I hope you spray the jambs & doors where you see the blue.

Incomplete color changes are odd, but if you do all but the engine bay are nice.

——— You have more stones than me attacking liner with handtools ;) :cool: ;) - but I do expect as values climb we’ll see more people doing the un-linering.

Quite alot of sweat equity on your part, haha!

Should be cool to see whatever color you back with!

Thank you! This is my 1st attempt at anything like this...I am a Nurse! lol. I think I lost 10 pounds in water weight yesterday sweating, and my biceps are sore. I will definitely do a full re-paint, engine Rebuild, cover all the old blue color etc...This is insane and fun and I am learning a lot. I will check out the link you shared...thanks! Wish me luck

Or as a lesson on why you don't want to use bedliner. I think I'll show this thread to my :princess:. She likes the bedliner look (well to be honest, I do too) but after seeing what it takes to remove it in case of maintenance, its not worth it. o_O

You're doing great! That's going to be a rig to be proud of when you're finished.

Thank you! I think I will try 80 grit on the sander, then 120. I like the look as well, but there is rust and other things needing repair underneath...like you said....for maintainability and repairs, it is too difficult.

Knotted wire wheels, paint eater discs, DIY contour SCT tool with paint eater drums, and a lot of time. Keep it up, you'll get there.

something else ***if*** you bedliner your 80:

Plan on buying brand new hood & hatch shock/struts.

The added weight on my green 450 hood (real Rhino, but just on center hump) - was enough weight that I went from decent struts to no-go immediately.

Hidden cost. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom