Making a Magnuson supercharger for my 95TLC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wait...no turbo because of its “limitations”?! 😳

as compared to a supercharger?! 🤣

There is only one legitimate authority in this system! NOS!!!!

4140182C-7BCF-4D05-884E-1FC0F438DE01.gif

There is an OEM,Left hand drive, Pre-1995 Fuel injected 1FZFE, with emissions, OBDII, EGR, etc? Where would they come from? Argentina or something? The Argentina 1FZ 75's I have seen had carburetors, the Aussie and Japan trucks are right hand drive, if it exists I just have never seen it. And why aren't they being imported if they are out there?

Sure it is. Plenty of FZJ70’s out there.

Cheers

There is an OEM,Left hand drive, Pre-1995 Fuel injected 1FZFE, with emissions, OBDII, EGR, etc? Where would they come from? Argentina or something? The Argentina 1FZ 75's I have seen had carburetors, the Aussie and Japan trucks are right hand drive, if it exists I just have never seen it. And why aren't they being imported if they are out there?
I have only seen three. All were with customer land cruiser companies.

This is the closest I found. It’s rolling the coil pack 1FZ-FE. Not sure if that qualifies.

Engine swapped from 1998+ truck. They might exist but I do not think they are out there in stock form.

"The 4.5L 1FZ-FE inline-six is a replacement sourced from a 1998+ Land Cruiser."

This is the closest I found. It’s rolling the coil pack 1FZ-FE. Not sure if that qualifies.

Engine swapped from 1998+ truck. They might exist but I do not think they are out there in stock form.

"The 4.5L 1FZ-FE inline-six is a replacement sourced from a 1998+ Land Cruiser."

Exactly. Saw that too.

The wife would hate it, but I bet a life spent building Frankencruisers in Venezuela would be a life not wasted.

Absolutely not debating that. I was simply saying there was not a 70 series that would be importable pre-95, that would have a 1FZFE with emissions, OBDII, EGR, etc. And to get those things you would have to engine swap or body swap.

7x/100/105 all received 1FZ-FE in some form through 2007.

This truck, if it is indeed from Cruiserparts.com, was originally built by a guy named David who went by the screen name MsgGrunt on MUD. He lived in the Worcester MA area and I saw that truck during the build process. He had gotten the body from somebody on the west coast who bought a container of them. Can't remember all the details but that is the gist of the history.

Absolutely not debating that. I was simply saying there was not a 70 series that would be importable pre-95, that would have a 1FZFE with emissions, OBDII, EGR, etc. And to get those things you would have to engine swap or body swap.

That’s correct since OBDII protocols were introduced globally by all OEMs in 1995.

yeah and the SC doesn’t work on the earlier non OBDII trucks without an additional injector for fuel or meth like CDan has.

but that’s all moot since this is just a post 95 USDM 80 with a body swap. :)

That’s correct since OBDII protocols were introduced globally by all OEMs in 1995.

Last edited:
Yes , but sadly many USA made were not required to have the OBD2, so they were not updated until 1996. It is the year that all vehicles in the US were made mandatory for the use airbags as a standard and included safety feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom