Making a Magnuson supercharger for my 95TLC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wait?! So you found a left hand drive, fuel injected, FZJ75, with emissions and EGR, that also happened to have a TRD SC on it? Wow I had no idea they even existed. Do you have any more pictures of this impressive truck?

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 9.31.55 PM.png

20201006_113527.jpg

That is a cool truck. Is it licensed in CA? It is pretty unique I would guess.
YES. NOCAL! It is amazing. So beautiful. I love what he does to these rigs! I am probably going to go ahead and buy the other truck; will post pictures when I got off of work in the AM if I am not too tired!

YES. NOCAL! It is amazing. So beautiful. I love what he does to these rigs! I am probably going to go ahead and buy the other truck; will post pictures when I got off of work in the AM if I am not too tired!
I loaded more pics; not sure why they didn't post. I am also making a bid on the TLC Truck. Wish me luck. I want this rig so bad!

Check your admission laws before you buy. I think that is an engine swap.

I loaded more pics; not sure why they didn't post. I am also making a bid on the TLC Truck. Wish me luck. I want this rig so bad!

Check your admission laws before you buy. I think that is an engine swap.

I'm assuming you're talking about importation laws. As far as emissions go, it's really not a huge area of concern in the US and CA surprisingly.

If anything it's probable that its a 70 series body on an 80 series chassis. Best way to skirt all the importation and emission laws of the US to get a newer body SFA LC in the states.

I'm assuming you're talking about importation laws. As far as emissions go, it's really not a huge area of concern in the US and CA surprisingly.

If anything it's probable that its a 70 series body on an 80 series chassis. Best way to skirt all the importation and emission laws of the US to get a newer body SFA LC in the states.
It is on an 80 series chassis.
Trying to organize my garage a little before I start too much!

D91598C9-9A53-4DA9-B599-DA1162651FFE.jpeg

ABC081CC-CA54-4F33-B7E6-19547E2B477D.jpeg

4A6C0AC7-4B8D-4920-B28A-CCE240484A81.jpeg

8FA972B0-1324-48F3-BF2D-B3EE9AB7A4A0.jpeg

12092EC5-FCEC-47BD-9AEA-839DA0B4A03A.jpeg

No I was talking about an engine swap because that is not the engine a 70 series that was early enough to be imported would have had. But seeing how it is just an 80 with a 75 body it is just an 80 like I said earlier. @jadedTLC1995 is trying to be tricky ;)

Since it is NOT an FZJ75 it is an FZJ80 with a body swap it is not an engine swap. The only issue would be a VIN inspection since the body VIN won't match the frame. Shouldn't be a problem unless some overzealous highway patrol officer pulls you over and your registration says it is a SUV and he says it obviously isn't.

How does registration work with an engine swap? The vehicle is registered currently and passed smog.

Very nice truck, well built. Ive drooled over it several times. It was still at his place last time I went by there, did he sell it to someone on the wrong coast?
Not sure the whole story on that. I just know I want it. I talked to another girl that said that damn thing is beautiful! The guy in NOCAL I bought the other supercharger on is from this forum. Really nice. If anyone knows someone selling another supercharger, please let me know.

No I was talking about an engine swap because that is not the engine a 70 series that was early enough to be imported would have had. But seeing how it is just an 80 with a 75 body it is just an 80 like I said earlier. @jadedTLC1995 is trying to be tricky ;)

Sure it is. Plenty of FZJ70’s out there.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom