M12 and M10 rivnuts in our sizes... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Maybe I’m just being a little ‘blonde‘ here as I search but I cannot for the life of me find rivnuts in M12 and M10 with the correct thread pitch.

Just to confirm, the M10 bolts found on our Toyota’s are typically M10x1.25 and the M12’s are M12x1.50.

The only rivnuts I can find are M10x1.50 and M12x1.75. I hope I’m just being dumb and this is not really as difficult as it seems ?

Thanks for the help !!

Don’t see what the thread pitch is on those. River nuts that I found that specified thread pitch were not the same as requested by OP.

for the OP, it looks to me like both the M10 and M12 have a pitch of 1.25. This table is a bolt torque spec table from one of my FSMs. The typical rivet nut sizes do seem to be M10x1.5 and M12x1.75

1596203138350.png

for the OP, it looks to me like both the M10 and M12 have a pitch of 1.25. This table is a bolt torque spec table from one of my FSMs. The typical rivet nut sizes do seem to be M10x1.5 and M12x1.75

View attachment 2389091

Yes, the M10 is a 1.25 pitch, which I guess is not common in riv nuts, and the M12 is 1.5, according to my measurements and my metric tap and die set, which is also not common in riv nuts.

I guess maybe I’m not loosing my mind ?

Yes, the M10 is a 1.25 pitch, which I guess is not common in riv nuts, and the M12 is 1.5, according to my measurements and my metric tap and die set, which is also not common in riv nuts.

I guess maybe I’m not loosing my mind ?

I'm not trying to be argumentative as I agree with your original premise--JIS rivet nuts are not readily available in the US. I even tried some japanese sites, but I guess those companies are also making for european and US markets.

I do have some 12mm used bolts & nuts as well as one new stud in my fastener box labeled "TLC". Mine seem to measure as M12x1.25mm. My point being maybe there are different pitch sizes used on the land cruiser depending upon application.

I'm not trying to be argumentative as I agree with your original premise--JIS rivet nuts are not readily available in the US. I even tried some japanese sites, but I guess those companies are also making for european and US markets.

I do have some 12mm used bolts & nuts as well as one new stud in my fastener box labeled "TLC". Mine seem to measure as M12x1.25mm. My point being maybe there are different pitch sizes used on the land cruiser depending upon application.

Not argumentative at all; I guess I never thought that maybe some of the M12’s are 1.25 pitch since my stash are definitely 1.5’s. Actually, come to think of it, I didn’t measure all the bolts so maybe I have a mix ?

My simple solution if the riv nuts I’m looking for are not avail is to buy M10 and M12 bolts that work with the std riv nuts I’m finding.

Thanks !

It does seem that rivnuts are typically course thread - whereas you're looking for fine thread.

^^ Still doesn't tell the thread - and the picture looks like course thread.

I had the same issue with cheap s*** from local store. Friend in Alberta got me
this link. I bought 50 packs of each. Cheap to buy, shipping was a bit of a wait but worth it.
Proper JDM thread pitch, at least when I threaded the bolts from my Land Cruiser
bolt bin into them.

^^ Still doesn't tell the thread - and the picture looks like course thread.
They accepted all the factory bolts I ever used on them.
Update: I can say it was a mistake to use these on the thin sheetmetal inner walls behind the rear panels.
I have had about 3 of them 'spin' in the holes because I didn't make them tight enough but the ones I tried to
really cinch in tight deformed. The material is just too thin.
So I'm back to square one as far as rear interior work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom