LX570 AHC Globe/Accumulator Replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Breather is clear, not noticing much difference trying to get air out with it on ramps, how many times would you say makes a difference? Done it avout 5 times, no fix, L To N is quite slow, like 24-26 seconds, N>H is better, like 16 seconds

Dont tell anyone, but between you and I, the last time i took apart my system, i never bled it as an experiment. Ride went from mush to completely normal after my patented AHC burp procedure…

3-4 times was all it took.

Those times sound normal, i dont know what is going on in your system but it doesn’t sound like air is the issue.

Next step is to read for codes / values in techstream. You are venturing into gremlin land im sorry to say.

What exactly are the symptoms? When did they start / what are you comparing it to?

Oh! The shop also mentioned that they cleared my breather lines. Forgot to mention that - great call here.
So once they bled the system, no more air, it drove nice? Like dampens on bumpy roads like a normal vehicle?

Dont tell anyone, but between you and I, the last time i took apart my system, i never bled it as an experiment. Ride went from mush to completely normal after my patented AHC burp procedure…

3-4 times was all it took.

Those times sound normal, i dont know what is going on in your system but it doesn’t sound like air is the issue.

Next step is to read for codes / values in techstream. You are venturing into gremlin land im sorry to say.

What exactly are the symptoms? When did they start / what are you comparing it to?
I’ve driven another LX570 and it drove night and day better, this truck had had a fought ride since I bought it, it’s my wife’s and I feel really bad cause she had to deal with it. It drives like there is no dampening at all, like zero, it is jarring over bumps. I replaced tires, Michelin less then 5k ago, aired perfectly with nitrogen, no change. Fluid flush all clean fluid, no change, put new globes on Saturday, after a few bleeds/drives around block it was good, suspension responded to the road, there’s a large crack in the driveway and you couldn’t even feel it going over, normally it’s jarring like a hard slam, once I got home, put the car is H to put the AHC rails back on there and it just went back to s***, the roads feel like crap and the bump in the driveway is brutal again, I ran out of fresh fluid to do more bleeds on, it’s driving my nuts and has been got close to a year

I’ve driven another LX570 and it drove night and day better, this truck had had a fought ride since I bought it, it’s my wife’s and I feel really bad cause she had to deal with it. It drives like there is no dampening at all, like zero, it is jarring over bumps. I replaced tires, Michelin less then 5k ago, aired perfectly with nitrogen, no change. Fluid flush all clean fluid, no change, put new globes on Saturday, after a few bleeds/drives around block it was good, suspension responded to the road, there’s a large crack in the driveway and you couldn’t even feel it going over, normally it’s jarring like a hard slam, once I got home, put the car is H to put the AHC rails back on there and it just went back to s***, the roads feel like crap and the bump in the driveway is brutal again, I ran out of fresh fluid to do more bleeds on, it’s driving my nuts and has been got close to a year

No codes? Try pulling the fuse, restart, drive it for a few minutes, replace. See if there is any change with it completely disabled. Might point you the right direction.

No codes? Try pulling the fuse, restart, drive it for a few minutes, replace. See if there is any change with it completely disabled. Might point you the right direction.
Going to hook up tech stream tomorrow and got another jug of fluid. Going to try and bleed the 5th accumulator too, I’m thinking maybe there was air in there when I went to raise it to H and the ride went to s*** the at maybe moved through the system. I plan on catching the fluid in a clean bottle if I need to bleed more I can reuse the fluid, it looks practically new coming out of the system at this point.

Knocked out globe replacement with the supervision of @chriscosta416 today!

Went great, pretty easy. Learned that when you pay a dealer for a flush they likely aren’t flushing fluid at all… fluid was in horrible condition.

IMG_8127.jpeg

Going to hook up tech stream tomorrow and got another jug of fluid. Going to try and bleed the 5th accumulator too, I’m thinking maybe there was air in there when I went to raise it to H and the ride went to s*** the at maybe moved through the system. I plan on catching the fluid in a clean bottle if I need to bleed more I can reuse the fluid, it looks practically new coming out of the system at this point.
Here’s an update, did all the bleeding again, bled the 5th also, ride is much better, suspension is back to good. Wife is happy so am I.

After helping @paulunm I decided to bleed my system again, I saw an earlier post about cleaning breathers and noticed mine are broken. Anyone know if this has any affect on the system?

I bought new ones as they are cheap but am curious.

PN are 90930-03097 and 90930-03159

View attachment 3333866
I didn’t even know there were 2 of them, now I have to find the other one, not sure the effect. Sorry.

A possible tip I forgot to post- I hit my globes with some PB Blaster a couple times over the course of a few weeks- they came off pretty easy with a large breaker bar and a 6 point impact socket.

Help!

I used a 12 point 21mm and stripped one of these. Any methods that don't involve a special extractor that's not available this time of night?

Help!

I used a 12 point 21mm and stripped one of these. Any methods that don't involve a special extractor that's not available this time of night?
drill a hole into the globe, jam a huge screwdriver into it and turn

Well I was able to get some vise grips on there and a pipe. It held . . . Held so well that this happened

I mean if it will break that thing off and not budge then F me. It's going to the shop for something else tomorrow and I may have to pay them to do it. Other 3 globes are on fine.

If I drill a hole is it drivable if I can't get it off? I wouldn't think so.

20230627_212314.jpg

Well I was able to get some vise grips on there and a pipe. It held . . . Held so well that this happened

I mean if it will break that thing off and not budge then F me. It's going to the shop for something else tomorrow and I may have to pay them to do it. Other 3 globes are on fine.

If I drill a hole is it drivable if I can't get it off? I wouldn't think so.

View attachment 3359921

You’ll get it off! I had to drill a hole in mine and jammed a pry bar in. Came right off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom