LX 570 - Yellow Navigation Screen Replacement - A How-To Guide (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a 2010 LX 570 to replace my totaled 2009 LX. I used the yellowed screen to talk dealer down some dollars.
  • My first plan was to pull the good nav unit out of the totaled '09 LX and put it in the new '10 LX, but little did I know how much the Nav units varied in the 08-11 model years. The connectors on the back were totally different.

• The second plan was to buy a nav unit on eBay and eat the ~$1k cost. However, I couldn't find a unit that matched my exact model number and I didn't feel comfortable dropping coin on a unit that might work. The one option I did find looked like its screen was starting to go yellow as well. I'm wondering if this is systemic to the 2010 LX/LC Model Year.

• Enter the third option: crack open the nav unit and replace the LCD screen + Digitizer. The model is the Toshiba LTA080B922F. I bought it from AliExpress for $171 USD + shipping. Links eventually die, so here is a picture.
    • Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 11.34.25 PM.png
@nwfl4runner has done this fix, so I knew it was possible. There weren't any good LX specific guides available, so I cross referenced videos from the LX, LS, and ES platforms. Not gonna lie - this job stressed me out. I'm a 1.5 :banana: mechanic - the most advanced thing I've done is AHC globes/fluid and changing spark plugs. I've never touched a ribbon cable before, and every connector has a slightly different mechanism to release the cable. I almost quit 5 minutes in.

Mission accomplished, though. Here is the result!
410220053_10108642643340353_8182522371574192820_n.jpg
410179381_10108642643320393_2165577703628400190_n.jpg

And here is a video I put together of the process. Suffice to say, I had no idea what I was doing, so please learn from my mistakes. All you Pro's feel free to chime in on the proper tools and methods that I most certainly botched.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a 2010 LX 570 to replace my totaled 2009 LX. I used the yellowed screen to talk dealer down some dollars.
  • My first plan was to pull the good nav unit out of the totaled '09 LX and put it in the new '10 LX, but little did I know how much the Nav units varied in the 08-11 model years. The connectors on the back were totally different.

• The second plan was to buy a nav unit on eBay and eat the ~$1k cost. However, I couldn't find a unit that matched my exact model number and I didn't feel comfortable dropping coin on a unit that might work. The one option I did find looked like its screen was starting to go yellow as well. I'm wondering if this is systemic to the 2010 LX/LC Model Year.

• Enter the third option: crack open the nav unit and replace the LCD screen + Digitizer. The model is the Toshiba LTA080B922F. I bought it from AliExpress for $171 USD + shipping. Links eventually die, so here is a picture.
@nwfl4runner has done this fix, so I knew it was possible. There weren't any good LX specific guides available, so I cross referenced videos from the LX, LS, and ES platforms. Not gonna lie - this job stressed me out. I'm a 1.5 :banana: mechanic - the most advanced thing I've done is AHC globes/fluid and changing spark plugs. I've never touched a ribbon cable before, and every connector has a slightly different mechanism to release the cable. I almost quit 5 minutes in.

Mission accomplished, though. Here is the result!
View attachment 3526952View attachment 3526953

And here is a video I put together of the process. Suffice to say, I had no idea what I was doing, so please learn from my mistakes. All you Pro's feel free to chime in on the proper tools and methods that I most certainly botched.

You are really great! Is it working well now?

Great job. Something I have on my list. I don’t use that screen except for AC, but the yellow drives me crazy. Prices one the screens are anywhere from $50+. I assume they are all made at the same place, but maybe not?

Great job. Something I have on my list. I don’t use that screen except for AC, but the yellow drives me crazy. Prices one the screens are anywhere from $50+. I assume they are all made at the same place, but maybe not?
I’ve seen reports of some people only replacing the digitizer, which is in the sub-$100 range. Is that what your thinking of?

If so, that process involves separating the LCD screen from the old digitizer and glueing on the new digitizer to the LCD screen. I wanted to start fresh on both, so I went with the marginally more expensive Toshiba all-in-one solution.

I’ve seen reports of some people only replacing the digitizer, which is in the sub-$100 range. Is that what your thinking of?

If so, that process involves separating the LCD screen from the old digitizer and glueing on the new digitizer to the LCD screen. I wanted to start fresh on both, so I went with the marginally more expensive Toshiba all-in-one solution.
Ah, you are right. I keep forgetting the yellow screen is the LCD, not the digitizer. You replaced both though. I’ll do the same.

Ah, you are right. I keep forgetting the yellow screen is the LCD, not the digitizer. You replaced both though. I’ll do the same.
I actually don’t know if the yellow was from the LCD or the Digitizer. I thought it was the latter, but I honestly can’t remember!

I actually don’t know if the yellow was from the LCD or the Digitizer. I thought it was the latter, but I honestly can’t remember!
The LCD is the screen and the digitizer is for touch control, etc….I THINK.

The LCD is the screen and the digitizer is for touch control, etc….I THINK.
Yes, that’s correct. I just don’t know which component causes the yellowing. The digitizer sits in front of the LCD. From what I’ve seen, they are connected by glue around the metal edges

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom