Looking into buying a rtt hard shell. Eezi awn stealth or alu cab rtt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fj62max

Wildlife Customs
Threads
Looking into getting a rtt hard shell soon and narrowed it down to these two
Eezi awn stealth and Alu cab gen 3. Never seen one in person want to get more info and want to see which one you guys think would be better all around. Thanks

They both have very good reputations, and I'm guessing that most people will say you can't go wrong with either. (I personally have a "regular" RTT, so I can't comment). Because of the price point, fairly few people own them, so opinions may end up being a small sample size.

They both have very good reputations, and I'm guessing that most people will say you can't go wrong with either. (I personally have a "regular" RTT, so I can't comment). Because of the price point, fairly few people own them, so opinions may end up being a small sample size.

Thanks for the reply. I think iam going to see where i can purchase nearest me. Dont think anyone sell these in florida

Ok4wd.com had the Alu-cab with free shipping. They might be out of stock right now. Search Results

They're both cool, but the Eezi Awn is 45 lbs heavier than the Alu-cab. That would be a deciding factor if I were buying (and I wish I were!)

Can you mount a rack on eezi?

We have owned a couple of hard shells made by The Roost. We travel a lot with it on top and made our decision on the aerodynamics. It is a well made unit but a big downfall is they use a 10 dollar lock that never stays secured. We lose about 1 mile per gallon with it up there.........

Look at the iKamper Skycamp. The only hard shell that expands.

It's nice to see a little innovation when compared to the rest of the hard shell tents on the market. Prices also seem to be more than fair when compared to other similar tents as well.

The Stealth does not look like you can mount a rack to it because of the multiple angles on the roof.

I'm leaning toward the Stealth at this time as I like the style and construction, especially that the scissor lift is external to the tent. I also like the ladder storage under the tent. I do think they missed the mark without adding anything to hold some supplies from the ceiling, even a loop to hang a LED lantern... Nothing I can't add, but for the price and reputation you would have thought it would have made it in the design...

Still one of the nicest hard-shells out there in my opinion.

The Stealth, after watching Paul May's video, looked appealing. Having said that after extensively using 3 different RTTs I have a few reservations:

Looks like plenty of excess fabric to flap around in a breeze/wind.
The awning has a big flat spot which turns into a rain/snow collector.
This is personal preference: I'd prefer the doors open downward instead of upward. Its nice to be able to ventilate from the top down.
It looks very low profile thereby it doesn't appear loftier sleeping gear (pillow(s), comforter, 4-season bag, etc.) could be stowed inside while in collapsed & travel mode.
IIRC no mention what type of mattress/pad it comes with along with thickness.

Although not aerodynamic the BunduTop seems to be very well designed, unique and useful features, fabricated with quality materials, etc.: BunduTop

Good points on the Stealth.. My worry was also with the awning design.. The pad thickness is 3.5" and is stated to have a "quilted surface"

I like the low profile and think I could put the extra pillow and comforter on the center where it is raised. I think I might just be able to leave it on and get the truck in the garage... That's my goal as I know I'll use it way more often if its always on my truck in fall and winter.

I wish we could get some mudder reports of someone using it other than just the dealers.........

the only Alu Cab I could find was priced at $9000. is that the one you are comparing to the EZ?

That’s for the slide in camper for a truck. Lol

The Gen 3 tent is $4k.

I’m considering another RTT (this will be #6 for me). I’ll probably go with Alucab because it’s lighter than the EA.

Edit for above post-The $9k is for the Icarus LR car top conversation. The slide for Tacoma is anywhere from $14k-$24k. :greedy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom