Aluminum Shell Camper or RTT On Home Built Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I built the trailer out of a Tacoma bed… Originally I put a rooftop tent on a rack, and then bought the aluminum shell and put a platform inside for a bed. I like the aluminum shell because it seems to be more airtight, but of course it is more bulky and has more air drag when I tow it. Thinking of making a lid and putting the roof top tent back on. Anyone have any experience having had both of these options? Preferences?

IMG_7884.png

IMG_7883.png

IMG_7882.jpeg

IMG_7881.jpeg

IMG_7880.jpeg

So I built the trailer out of a Tacoma bed… Originally I put a rooftop tent on a rack, and then bought the aluminum shell and put a platform inside for a bed. I like the aluminum shell because it seems to be more airtight, but of course it is more bulky and has more air drag when I tow it. Thinking of making a lid and putting the roof top tent back on. Anyone have any experience having had both of these options? Preferences?

View attachment 3534538

View attachment 3534539

View attachment 3534540

View attachment 3534541

View attachment 3534542
Here’s a couple more pics

if that were mine @meatloaf , i think i'd mount the rtt right on the bed rails. in the bed, a stupid simple drawer. should be able to carry all your basic camp gear in the trailer.
oh wait, i've seen how much some people think they need for a week end's camp, screw it, rtt on the contractor cap, ya might have enough space :grinpimp:

Had this old Datsun truck bed for years. Was able to find a Maggiolina locally for a good price. Used RCI bed rails to keep it. low. Had a custom cover made with velcro for attaching to bed rails. Still a work in progress.

20221216_123556.jpg

20221216_123122.jpg

...and I made a wooden bed slide so I'm able to get to things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom