looking for a rear hatch tent idea (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20161008_145719.jpg

If you want to get in super cheap on the rear tent action, try the Texsport one. I used it for a few years and liked it. It's not great with my cruiser with dual swing outs though, worked better with my 4runner. I threw all my gear in the tent and put "eggcrate" foam in the truck to sleep on. Even with some female company it was relatively comfy, and I loved staying dry in pouring rain...

2012-08-26_08-35-02_958.jpg

Found a cheaper solution that works for me. Canopy walls about 15.00 each at walmart and attach to my ozark 10x10 canopy.View attachment 1463910

After testing these walls in my yard for a sunny day I can tell you that the sun will penetrate thru the thin walls somewhat. sitting right next to the wall I got pretty warm from the sun. And the wall got rather warm. I had to move my chair away from it about 18inches. This in 80 degree weather with sun and clouds. It will billow to some extent which I have to think is by design. The elastic sewn to the hooks for stretch. I tried not to make it too tight when I put the wall up. This would just lead to a failure with a strong gust. So to sum up they are good for some privacy, although the sun could put you in a position where someone outside could see your silouette. They keep out some sun and do provide shade. They will warm up the room and in cold environment would probably hold some warmth. They take down easy and I just put up one wall to increase the shade but leave the other sides open for breezes. Forget about keeping bugs out. More of a day shelter.

The sizing for the DAC tent suggests the Explorer series for a Landcruiser, which is supposedly also for a minivan? It doesn't denote the year Landcruiser and just keeps it general, which seems odd. Anyone know which model DAC tent I should be getting for an FJ62?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom