Long travel LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I got the tundra LT arms on with factory shocks. AHC completely in tact. I've moved the ride hight up 4 in by adding hiem joints in place of factory AHC connection links.... this allows you to lift above limitations. The lower shock mounts were moved up 1 in with the design of the camburg lca. This gave me an additional 2in of droop and allows my ride hight to not be near full droop. Next I will add a 1in strut spacer which will give me an additional 2in of droop. Goal is to get to 12 in of travel (currently at 11) and ride hight set dead middle of that. Getting the lowere shock mounts to work was a bear...the pocket in the new arms was not deep enough....had to remove material... cap and weld it...then the factory bolt hole was 5/8 but hole in shock mounts was 1/2... so I had to source a metal spacer which worked perfectly.... all in all I got the truck together and it drives like never taken apart... still that factory lexus cloud ☁️ ride.... still getting the bugs out but she drives and we took it 2 hour trip to outer banks nc for a camping trip.... still need to install diff drop and strut spacers. Just got the sway bar links installed today.

plans for the future is to relocate rear lower shock mounts up 3inches to match AHC pressure to the front which also will get ride hight centered in shock movement so I'm not pogoing (when lifted on stock shocks and ride hight is at near full droop)...add ahc kill switchto dash so I can lock in H or L and go above 20mph.... check all ahc pressure and correct it woth dobinson springs. Extend rear axle housing 8 in to match front track width...incorporate FF hubs....and custom axle shafts to match.

Super charger, long tube headers, kutsnake flares and dissent bumpers all are paid for and waiting to be installed.... plan isbto be ready for cruiser coal run in July in Pa.

View attachment 2682559

View attachment 2682560

View attachment 2682561

View attachment 2682562

View attachment 2682563

View attachment 2682564

View attachment 2682565

View attachment 2682566

View attachment 2682567

View attachment 2682568

20220309_150016.jpg

20220225_213911.jpg

20220225_202602.jpg

20211202_075731.jpg

20211107_210048.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing this at coal miner! Doing some serious mods there

You should be pushing for more travel! Around 15" with that LT kit. Are you sure you want to keep the AHC system?

I'm very close to 12" of travel on a Tundra front end.

So my achievable full droop is 12 from the fender butted to a brand new 285 65 20 measuring 33.5...which an hour prior you can see in photo where i ran her down a rough trail at 40+mph and used every bit of that wheel well and them some. Luckily I have kut snake flares in the garage.

But anyway my shocks are the limiting factor. I've already shown i dont need the travel up inside the wheel well which is estimated at 1 in.... so by moving the shock down with a 1 in spacer translates to 2 in at the wheel.... which moves the range of the shock down. So my full compression should be 1 in away from fender line. I've also decided today after that run in the trail that ill need hydrolic bump stops.

So currently with LT kit and stock shock hooked up it measures 10.... factory suspension was 8.... so I've gained 2 in just in the bottom shock location being moved up 1 in. Now I'll need to install that spacer to get me at 12.

Rcv axles are not ordered yet but are a necessity when hitting those high angles...right now I'm on factory cv's with tundra LT mid shaft mated. I'll install rcv's when they arrive and carry a factory one as a spare.

the tie rods are Coach Builders tundra LT with 7/8 hiems.

The rear will be same concept as to move the shocks range of motion to match ride high.... thisbwill be done by fabricating new lower shock mounts.... I'd love to get off these rear wheel spacers so plan is to widen the rear axle with full floater chunks... I prefer widening it as to swapping is that its very busy under there.... I can widening housing while using full floater ends and custom shafts for nearly what I have in my front end and keep all the factory geometry.

20210523_182941.jpg

20210523_182548.jpg

You should be pushing for more travel! Around 15" with that LT kit. Are you sure you want to keep the AHC system?

I'm very close to 12" of travel on a Tundra front end.

AHC is working.... I will work with it...I do plan on kings in the future and custom fender work to tuck at full squat to get that 16in of travel camburg advertises.

Rite now its just our camper. But in 20 years it will be my toy...then I can use to achieve its full potential

Here is the 3 spacers I ran....

-the lower shock mount is the T57
-sway to hiem is the T16
- spacer between sway link tabs is 471
-sway links are 181 & 381
-NOTE YOUBWILL NEED 4 SETS OF MISALIGNMENT SPACERS FOR THE ³/⁴ HIEMS WITH A ¹/² IN DIAMETER
-all bolts are grade 8 sourced from home depot....
-you will also need..... 1 kids straw from starbucks!!! And the ¹/⁴ in hiems from McMaster carr or pegasus racing. I'm kinda joking about the straw but not really.i orders ¹/⁴ hiems for the ahc connections...but bought metric hardware...and had already drilled and tapped UCA.... so I sourced the green straw and was a perfect fit!!!....

The lil plastic washers are just that from the home depot drawer as well.

16218830555796150496011263992092.jpg

20210428_184400.jpg

20210428_183545.jpg

20210428_174734.jpg

20210428_183336.jpg

20210428_183411.jpg

20210428_174807.jpg

THE AHC LIFT!!!

So we all know about the lil adjustment arms with the 10mm nut.... well you can actually move beyond that by simply shortening the connection rod.... ( although in my case I have it set at equal length cause mounting the rod to the uca actually raised the arm by ³/⁴....

Same for the rear except you will need longer rods there....

This does create excessive AHC pressure which is tolerable here and there. Just like how the truck is rated for 10k lbs tow capacity and it rides level with 850 toung load but its not made to do it every day....simple solution is larger springs that take the load off the AHC system.. pressure should be checked with tech stream before ordering springs. This is fine for most... butbi wouldn't push it more than H was in maxed out position.

Hard solution is the relocating of the shock.... likely you won't have the front arms that I do that adds 2 inches of droop.... but you can add a 1.5 in strut spacer which equals 3 in of droop at the tire.... now your AHC system should be in close to stock pressure. Best benefit is that by relocating the shocks your not pogoing.( riding near full droop). Your maintaining factory ride with factoryish geometry... with the combination of diff drop and uca arms you will find this to be a very capable, reliable system that is very versatile.

As mentioned before ill be adding hydrolic bumps frontvand rear that will assist the stock shocks in dampening. They won't help with recoil but the TE-37 rims i plan to run only way 17lbs so hopefully it'll match up. Hopes and dreams got me this far yet!!!

Got to steer the conversation to the bumpers for a second to mention how good they look. Adding the black rubber piece to the body was a great idea too.

Got to steer the conversation to the bumpers for a second to mention how good they look. Adding the black rubber piece to the body was a great idea too.

That is a dissent

For the record that is not my truck....my truck is gonna be way more wicked!o!. They are a beautiful feat of engineering by BCAL and his crew!!! Not cheap but $ well spent !!!! Can't wait till mine arrive next month

Any concern about CV angles?

Awesome build and looking forward to seeing the next steps! When you have time I did have a few questions...

Did you look at any aftermarket AHC shocks for extra capacity and or travel (Nestle Toyota has remote resi AHC' shocks, not sure about travel numbers) feeling that changes in mounts to allow extra droop + air bumps = good for now?
Heading out back, did someone finally come up with a full float rear end solution that allows you to retain ABS on a post 80/105 series, or, ditching the ABS?

Thanks again for the inspiration and keep the good content (and good news on options) coming!

Wait what remote ACH shocks?!
Not to derail from the OP's thread (@1UZJ80N60 - let me know and I'll delete this and move to PM) but yes, at least once upon a time, Nestle Toyota made remote reservoir AHC shocks.

Equipment Land Cruiser V8: OFFROAD-NESTLE

I called and emailed them (Nestle) awhile back, along with a Bilstein distributor that was supposed to have an 'uprated' AHC suspension for armored LX's, but never got travel specs (i.e. longer travel or not) or a price quote.

Impressive build. When I saw your pictures you posted before your detailed thread I thought you were running some silly offset wheels and spacers.

This is a whole other level.

Any concern about CV angles?

Always! Right now I'm good... but I want to sit another 2 inches higher.... I have a 1 in diff drop to install when I have time.... but seriously considering the 1.5 in from aus because I have massive droop....

Non the less when the rcv's come in I think they'll handle about anything I can throw at it.

Not to derail from the OP's thread (@1UZJ80N60 - let me know and I'll delete this and move to PM) but yes, at least once upon a time, Nestle Toyota made remote reservoir AHC shocks.

Equipment Land Cruiser V8: OFFROAD-NESTLE

I called and emailed them (Nestle) awhile back, along with a Bilstein distributor that was supposed to have an 'uprated' AHC suspension for armored LX's, but never got travel specs (i.e. longer travel or not) or a price quote.

No worries. I am intrigued!...I looked high and wide and never came across th

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom