Long time 3rd Gen 4runner owner, buying first LC/LX. 100 vs 200 debate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Having owned both- by the time my 100 hit 115K miles it had already had a new steering rack, alternator, CV boots, Rust was everywhere in the 100- rear wheel wells, corners of doors, entire underside of body shell and of course frame. Oh and the tailgate gets riddled with it, all around the handle and license plate lights and the entire back body seam of the lift gate. Rear AC lines were rusted through already. Parking brake is a HUGE LOL on the 100, totally seized and consisting of a million seized or disintegrated parts. This was, again, at 115K miles and 10 years in the Midwest, back in 2015.

My 200 is now 10 years old (almost) and 130K miles. Oil changes and brakes only, no rust anywhere on the body. It is, from my experience, a million times better built than the 100. Everything works perfectly.

The interior of the 100 is super dated. Front brakes are over complicated.

All of that said- I agree the visibility and the driving feel of the 100 is better and I do miss that about the 100.

Meh. I’ve owned 2 100’s and 1 200. The 200 is better in every way. A big bonus is you can find a lot newer 200. I’m shopping 100’s for my kid at the moment, and most of the trucks I see are at end of life. Front is sandblasted, carpets are nasty, head unit is faded and looks like an old tv from 1998. Don’t get me wrong, there is a reason I’m looking for em, but I’d rather drive a 9 year newer lx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom